cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest promotion- 25% off fvf on 100 auctions with "allow offers option"

Hi sellers-  I just received the promotion that discounts fvf by 25% on up to 100 auction listings  if the "allows offer option" is included. When I create an auctions listing,  I do not show "allows offer" option on the listing.  Is this new? How do I add such an option ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: latest promotion- 25% off fvf on 100 auctions with "allow offers option"

auctionpet
Guide
I also received this offer, which made no sense to me since I received the 25% fvf discount offer last week which they quickly pulled, but received later email confirmation mine would remain active. I'd surely not prefer this offer which requires an auction and offers within.

The only way that offers within an auction make sense is if a seller (and there are many) start their auctions at unrealistic prices, which should really be fixed price. If the local auctions I attend started items at the prices sellers do here, no one would attend. I call these 'faux auctions'.
Message 31 of 59
latest reply

I have a number of auctions that ended yesterday, but I see no way to bulk edit them to allow offers. I actually have an item or two of my old Vernonware plaid that I dug out yesterday during a "what won't we have room for when we downsize" rampage through the kitchen cupboards that I could try this on.  That would mean getting up from my chair after first getting the orange cat to move, so maybe later!

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

Sure muddies the water!

Many sellers add "I will not end the auction early" to their listings, which suggested to me that buyers get angry when auctions they are waiting to snipe are sold early.

So, BO on auctions will infuriate buyers who snipe, please impatient buyers, and confuse everyone - including sellers!!

Ebay doesn't innovate! They reinvent the wheel every week!
Message 33 of 59
latest reply

Well, it's official. I'm too stupid to use the quick listing form. It seemed to force me into a "sell one like this" mode -- ok, so I'll pick something similar, but when I was all the way to almost being done I could see other information (like color) that was being picked up off of the original (not my) order, and I couldn't figure out how to change it. Then there was the matter of the photo cropping, which doesn't work like the (easier) one on the advanced form. Big fat bleh from me (but then I despise ANY changes to a computer screen). On the up side I did photograph two new items and I have some of my 50 free listings left.

Message 34 of 59
latest reply

@pvcliffwrote:

Well, it's official. I'm too stupid to use the quick listing form. It seemed to force me into a "sell one like this" mode ....

Probably there are different views, but there should be a link at the top (or sometimes the bottom) of the page for "Can't find one like yours? Create a new listing."

Message 35 of 59
latest reply

@mycheaperstuffwrote: ... BO on auctions will infuriate buyers who snipe, please impatient buyers, and confuse everyone - including sellers!!...

The BO option disappears when the first bid is placed.  So snipers will learn to either make an offer or place a pre-emptive bid to get rid of BO just as they already do to "kill the BIN".

Message 36 of 59
latest reply

No such option for me. Well done marketting!

Message 37 of 59
latest reply

@partial*eclipsewrote:

I wonder if it's possible to  make an offer higher than the opening bid,  which could still lead to a lower selling price than if the auction ran full time. 

If that was possible it could be an alternative to paying a fee for adding BIN to auctions (for store owners). Since there is no option to set an auto-decline for offers below a certain price I don't see it being effective the way I'd want it to be.

Message 38 of 59
latest reply

@laylajames9wrote:

@partial*eclipsewrote:

I wonder if it's possible to  make an offer higher than the opening bid,  which could still lead to a lower selling price than if the auction ran full time. 

If that was possible it could be an alternative to paying a fee for adding BIN to auctions (for store owners). Since there is no option to set an auto-decline for offers below a certain price I don't see it being effective the way I'd want it to be.

There was an auto decline option for offers lower than $X. Before I gave up and backed out I had it set for $.50 below my $10 start price.

Message 39 of 59
latest reply

Thanks pvcliff... I didn't see that option in the screenshot above.

Message 40 of 59
latest reply

@laylajames9wrote:

Thanks pvcliff... I didn't see that option in the screenshot above.

The box for auto-decline shows up after you click on the box to offer BO.  Here's the new and improved screen shot:

Auction best offer checked w auto decline.png

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

@mycheaperstuffwrote:
Sure muddies the water!

Many sellers add "I will not end the auction early" to their listings, which suggested to me that buyers get angry when auctions they are waiting to snipe are sold early.

So, BO on auctions will infuriate buyers who snipe, please impatient buyers, and confuse everyone - including sellers!!

Ebay doesn't innovate! They reinvent the wheel every week!

Now if they could only reinvent the ROUND wheel, they may get somewhere.

Ah!  Does this special offer require payment of the listing fee? I accepted the offer while I had my 50 free listings but then was charged a 30 cent listing fee--funny thing is that I couldn't find a place to make the offer!  Now I know where it is--thanks for the help--but will have to think about how that will help me unless I have more costly things to list.

Message 43 of 59
latest reply

I don't see anything there about "allow offers". I guess that makes me not eligible along with many other sellers. Awesome thanks Ebay.

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

Could someone please point me to a place that explains how Offers work on auctions.

I'm assuming that any bid kills the Offers option, but...

How long are any Offers active? 

If there are no bids, can a seller just accumulate Offers and then choose the highest just before the auction ends?  If yes, that could be fun for the seller.  Rather like a secret auction within the auction, except the "bidders" (Offer makers) wouldn't know what each other had Offered/"bid".

Or, do these auction Offers have the same time limits as regular Best Offers on BINs?

Message 45 of 59
latest reply