cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its the thieving season

I know there have been discussions about this before, but I don't quite remember the solutions you guys and gals offered,

Here is my problem: Buyer bought a item (after she talked me down some in the price) It was in like-new condition, with all the tags attached (as shown in the photo). She sends me a private email, saying all the tags were missing and of course that would bring the price down considerably. If I don't go along with a big price-reduction, she will send me my item back. She also says "she wanted to work it out without ebay since she is a seller  (of the same items as I found out) herself....

I know there are some fraud-websites out there to help people against thieving scum, have any of you had any luck with them?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: its the thieving season

Reply professionally to the neg AFTER you get the cow back. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to you missing the two tags she removed, but she may have just not wanted to pay that much and thought she could shake you down for a discount. If tags are intact a reply might be "Returned with all tags intact that buyer claimed missing".

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@hexelmaedchen wrote:
dogsrus- your name made me chuckle, for a minute I was wondering how my private email managed to post something, hahaha. Then I figured out that it was not me. (hubby and I run an no-kill Shelter, so dogs are really US)
Anyway, I am waiting right now for the return package, she did leave a nasty negative FB which I will reply to as soon as I get the package.
Yep, my first negative in I don't know how many years. But whats really bad is that she has been sending me private emails, after the negative, sending me all kinds of nasty mails. I tried to report that to ebay, but I got an automated: you have already reported the buyer- so I guess thats it.

If she continues to harass you through your own email, just put her on your black list - you'll never hear from her again. Given how annoying this situation is, it'll be at least one less aggravation.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I just had a buyer say the books I sent him were not in condition stated,which is Bull. I had to file an unpaid dispute and then buyer opens a return as soon as he gets them. I think he switched books to damaged ones but nothing I can do. E-Bay favors the buyer almost every time and be damned to the seller. Welcome to free enterprise
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

EBay's stock Down; EBay's growth way below ecommerce's growth in general.  

Pay Pal exiting stage left: they are not renewing their agreement with eBay, due to eBay's agreement limiting Pay Pal's reach to other markets and "if truth be know," eBay's screwed-up policies that invites thieves.

And guess what, Pay Pal is doing just find; their growth is steady climbing up the charts and they are gaining more and more merchants, and they are "actually" listed in the top ten listings of the good investment category.  

Sellers are exiting stage left and eBay is slowly becoming a fancy CL.

Does any one really wonder why such is happening?

I've read some funny post today, best read was the one that called eBay "Fee Bay" lol 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Something that's worked well for me a couple of times in the past, in similar situations:  I express shock and dismay to the buyer and assert that I know the item was sent with tags attached and if they arrived without them, then something must have happened enroute (such as the package coming open and someone messing with it)

It thank them for telling me about it and say that I am going to complete a LOSS & RIFLING REPORT with USPS and that shortly after I do, USPS will contact the buyer to ask that they complete and sign and affidavit asserting that the item arrived in a previously opened condition.

This of course, is nonsense, but to date, every time I've done this, suddenly I hear crickets.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

You think this is the thieving season.....just wait until after Christmas when folks want to return the high end cameras they bought and used for Christmas photos, the high end clothing they purchased and wore to the parties now want a refund, the video games they purchased and copied and want to return and the list goes on.   

Message 21 of 21
latest reply