cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisting

Hi all,

I have had two recent problems with relisting my items which have created a real headache for me and, on 4 occasions, have resulted in the relisting of items that have already been sold:

1.  Why does eBay automatically relist some of my auction items but not all of them?

2.  Why does eBay send an email to me prompting me to relist some items (but not all) including items that have been sold?

Because of these eBay policies on relisting I have had to manually check over 200 items to work out which have been relisted - and which have not and have to be relisted manually - and which need to be taken down because they are already sold!  Very annoying and frustrating!

Sorry for the long rant - any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Relisting

Thanks for your replies especially from carlqsportscards.  I have now discovered the tiny check-box which has been cunningly hidden deep in the ebay listing tool that allows for automatic relisting of unsold items up to 8 times.

This episode has still left me with the problem of working out which items have been relisted but are already sold, which means a lot of cross-checking, but at least I now know the source of my problems.

Thanks again,

Mike

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Relisting

"Buy it now" is good til canceled and gets relisted without ebay sending an email.

"Auction" have durations and will end, ebay will send an email to relist.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Relisting

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  All of my items are auction items but some get relisted automatically and others don’t and it is this inconsistency I can’t understand...

Cheers,

Mike

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Relisting

One of the ways to list auctions sometimes has a box checked to relist up to 8 times if it doesn't sell.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Relisting

I don't know how your are listing your items, but you might want to try the advanced listing tool on a desktop browser. I have heard on the other listing methods eBay will configure your listings as they see fit.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Relisting

Edit your Selling Preferences:

Selling Preferences

Sell Your Item form and listings

Show the exact quantity of items in your listing, if the quantity exceeds 10. No

Edit

Use the out-of-stock-option   Yes

When the quantity of your Good 'Til Cancelled listing reaches zero, the listing remains active but is hidden from search until you increase the quantity. You may also qualify for certain fee credits. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listings?id=4160#outofstock

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Relisting

Thanks for your replies especially from carlqsportscards.  I have now discovered the tiny check-box which has been cunningly hidden deep in the ebay listing tool that allows for automatic relisting of unsold items up to 8 times.

This episode has still left me with the problem of working out which items have been relisted but are already sold, which means a lot of cross-checking, but at least I now know the source of my problems.

Thanks again,

Mike

Message 7 of 7
latest reply