cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ebay posting fake watchers

there is something odd going on......i post an item 4 sale......after a few days of nothing all of a sudden i have multiple watchers......weeks go by.....the number of watchers doesnt change and the item has not sold.....while the item is still active i go and and completely revise the first item to something TOTALLY different.....the number of watchers doesnt change.......finally the item ends without selling and i leave it in my not sold page.....weeks go by......the number of watchers doesnt change.......IS EBAY POSTING FAKE WATCHER NUMBERS to make it look like they have more customers than they really do?  as nothing else makes any sense

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: is ebay posting fake watchers

Ebay's been using fake watchers for some time now. Just this week I noticed an item  of mine with more watchers than page views.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

I add items to my watchlist all the time without looking at them. There’s a link right on my search page.

It is entirely possible to have more watchers than views. Not to mention the view counts have been wonky lately. It proves nothing.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

That would be crazy if there were though.  Best regards

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I was curious about this same question so found this message via google. It's been nagging me that within less than a minute, after checking my new listing for errors, I have between 6 to 12 watchers already. This of course is impossible.

I started noticing this a few months back. Glad I got curious and find others are experiencing the same. It is disconcerting.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 35 of 35
latest reply