cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

images glitch?

I went to edit a few listings tonight and when I open the revise listing page (for all of them that I checked) I get an icon that says the image is corrupt.

When I go to my active listings page, no product images appear, just text that says "Item Picture" where the photo would have been.  Clicking on it takes me to the listing, where none of the pictures display (there is an "Image not available" icon in its place).

Just wanted to check with others to find out if this is a system-wide thing or a problem I need to investigate myself.

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: images glitch?

There appears to be a system glitch.  Here's another thread where people are reporting about their problems with this:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-do-not-see-ANY-pictures-in-any-listings/m-p/2761478...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

There appears to be a system glitch.  Here's another thread where people are reporting about their problems with this:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-do-not-see-ANY-pictures-in-any-listings/m-p/2761478...

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Thank you

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Ipal........I can see your pix along with all those in that thread on the selling board.... just for info.  Using Firefox. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thanks - seems to have been (at least partially) a cache issue.

I'm using firefox on windows currently.  After your reply, I went to my active listings page and still did not see images.  Ctrl-shift-R and it was back to normal.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Same Here, I have no images for 1100 plus active listings and cannot see anyone elses. this needs to be addressed pronto!

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

i've got the same issue using firefox ..no images on any listing
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Same Here, I have no images for 1100 plus active listings and cannot see anyone elses. this needs to be addressed pronto!

I can see all the images in your listings.  

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Ditto.

Using eBay from Belgium.

It's system wide for sure.

No images at all on ebay US in list pages (watch list, purchase history, etc).

Same for ebay UK, BE, FR, etc...

(and 'Watch List' is now even slower than it used to be - and it was already timing out since months for pages with more than 50 items... now it times out even with pages of 25 items)

Item view pages on ebay US have no images.

Item view pages on ebay UK has sometimes images, but they don't show up in the picture gallery, only when you zoom in to them (but then they have other glitches on top of the images).

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

See this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-is-Going-on-with-Thumbnails-Not-Showing-Up-in-First-Galle...

Post #47:

Hello. I just spoke with Ebay and the issue is occurring due to Google. Google is moving to a new version which is more secure and Ebay is moving into that new platform. The shift is being made in steps and listings will experience problems until the bugs are ironed out. They feel that all should be back to normal over the next 3 days. I hope this information helps.

Not super informative but maybe somewhat of an explanation.  Would've been nice to get an alert or something from ebay

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

thats a relief, but I can see no images on the entire site. I am using FIREFOX, and just used c-cleaner an hour ago before shutting down for a bit. I could only view half of the pictures from multiple sellers I visited an hour ago. half would show, half would not. I also got a message from FIREFOX when I turned the computer back on after using c-cleaner stating GOOGLE was blocking some content??

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

They feel that all should be back to normal over the next 3 days.

3 days ??  No photos ?  Going into (already in) the holiday selling season ?

And what exactly is ebay's idea of "normal?"

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Whew good it's an Ebay glitch I guess if it has to be a problem.  I took over 300 photos for records to list Sunday and tried to start selling and got the same red warning sign about invalid images as others.  Visions of 3 hours wasted taking photos was dancing through my head.  Running Firefox also.  Now fix it Ebay!  Please!!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I literally can see no pictures of a billion listings anywhere on this site. this is romper room stuff. really sad.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

but amazon and etsy are fine. how many customers can be shed during this fiasco?

Message 15 of 24
latest reply