cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i ended all my listing due to a error i made and relisted

when i realized i wanted to list a pick up only item for the first time. I made a mistake and changed my shipping policy to pick up only instead of making a new policy. So almost every one of my 184 listing were changed  pick up only . The reason i found out was someone purchased an item and it showed no shipping cost but pick up only.  OF course i paid for the customers shipping cost because it was my fault. and when that person receives item i will show as picked up. But i freaked out knowing now i had a major problem that could cost me a lot of shipping cost if people took this and ran with it. So the only thing i could think of was to end all my items listed.  After ending 184 items i noticed i was being charged 35 cents for some of my listing not all. So i realized it had to do with ebay considered my 250 items free listing had been met for month even though i just ended them and relisted back on the same ones except some i chose not to relist ...so i thought i still had some free listing not met for the month. well, not so . i was charged for many, so i want to know when does all this get back to normal because i only have 152 items listed now and it still shows me  have no  free listing insertion available right  now.  When does this fix it's self and how? I am not sure how to handle this mess. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: i ended all my listing due to a error i made and relisted

Well...

You realize you could've just changed that shipping policy that affects all 184 listings...

And yes ebay charges a fee when listings go over the "free" allotment.

As for when will it get back to normal, when your month expires and the next one starts.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you , yes i realized it after i calmed down that i could have changed my shipping policy. So, i have to wait a whole month for any free insertion fees start over even though i only have 152 items listed right now? So i what i am trying to say is April 17th i will get free insertion fees again being i only have 152 items listed and that's when i ended and relisted them . 

Thank you very much. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Are you using seller hub on the PC? You could have bulk edited the lot. And not ended them. You used your entire free listings because some of them would have been used for the month before you ended everything. The store with 1000 free listings a month is better so you can avoid this problem next time.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@jbnette49 wrote:

So i what i am trying to say is April 17th i will get free insertion fees again being i only have 152 items listed and that's when i ended and relisted them . 

No. 

You will get 250 free insertions on April 1. 

You can use 98 of those free insertions on April 1, but you need to leave 152 of them because your 152 listings will all renew in April and will use those 152 (unless any of them sell before they renew). 

You really should learn exactly how zero insertion fee listings work: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163

Message 5 of 5
latest reply