cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i find my buyer's email address now?

Where are they hiding the email addresses of my buyers now?  They used to just be there.  Thanks, Tam

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

From orders page, next to each order on the left there is a drop down list of links.  Click the arrow, then "view order details". Customer email is top-ish left. 

Posting ID
Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Works 2020 August.

1. Visit this Link: https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:PAID_SHIPPED  

Within 14 days of your customers purchase you will have access to their email.

2. Then select the pulldown menu option> View Order Details (After selecting this link you will see the email address as long as you are in the 14 day window.

Reederang.com

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Does not work.

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

Stopped working for me today in 3rd part software which brings in orders from the API.  Now all emails are some long alphanumeric string with the domain members.ebay.com at the end. 

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

SOLD 5 ITEMS COULD NOT RECEIVE MONEY TO PAYPAL HAD TO CANCEL ORDERS YET  =EBAY=TOOK THIER 30 DOLLARS SELLING FEES FROM PAYPAL  AND I HAVE NOT SOLD A THING **bleep**

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

We're facing the exact same problem, buyer's email no longer showing, and API stopped sync.

Complete madness setting up email into DHL, UPS and TNT carrier's shipping forms. How will DHL, UPS and TNT email services inform buyers they have a package coming?

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

Here is the latest information from eBay about  the availability of member's email addresses, from the Fall 2020 Seller Update, which was announced 9/9/2020.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-fall/business.html#display

image.png

eBay employees answered some questions about this here, although they stopped replying after a few days:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Running-Your-Business/Managed-Member-Communications/m-p/31211372#M71

I think, if a seller has been relying on having the buyer's email address, they will have to change their process.

Sellers should not be providing the buyer's email address to the courier. If the buyer wants to get updates from the courier, or contact the courier, they should do that themselves. Not every buyer will want that, many prefer to rely on the courier's websites that automatically track their packages. In my experience it is not a common practice for the seller to share my private information with the courier, beyond the shipping address which is obviously necessary, and I would find that unacceptable.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Hey All -- the reply to the paypal does work - Just tried it -- Also using Stamps.com - You can see the email when you set up profiles to download from Paypal and/or Bay - The email shows up when you make the label to ship to the buyer.

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

I do the same, it did not give me the email.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

This is my steps as of 17 Dec 2020 before I ship the item. It is mandatory to add on buyer's email for some courier. So, this is the way I find out buyer's email address before I ship the item.

1) goto My Ebay-> Selling

2) Under Overview-> Tasks column-> click on number eg 2 of Print Labels and ship

3)Drop down Print Shipping Label-> click 'Print Shipping Label or Invoices'

4) click ' All (address label, invoice / packing slip, invoice for your own records)' radio button

5)Click Continue. Scroll down the page and you will get buyer's email address and contact number.

But I still couldn't find out how to get buyer's email address of ebay uk. Anyone, please share if you know.

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

Thanks so much for this.  This worked perfectly for me!!!

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

They are still there.  On orders page  for the specific orders click on the Print Shipping  Labels and Invoices option and on the next page select:  All (address label, invoice / packing slip, invoice for your own records)   and then hit continue which brings up all buyers purchase information.  The buyers email address is at the bottom left hand side.

ebay buyer email address search.JPG

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

They are still there.  On orders page  for the specific orders click on the Print Shipping  Labels and Invoices option and on the next page select:  All (address label, invoice / packing slip, invoice for your own records)   and then hit continue which brings up all buyers purchase information.  The buyers email address is at the bottom left hand side.

ebay buyer email address search.JPG

You can select Invoice for your own records.  The buyer's email appears under the buyer's Ship to address.

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

Unfortunately it looks like eBay finally killed this loophole, which is a shame for buyers. I'm an international seller that uses registered shipping and I used this feature to send tracking updates directly to buyers' emails.

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not quite right, though you may simply have never encountered a reason.  However, whenever a buyer provides an incomplete address (for example, omitting his apartment number) and the item is returned by the carrier for "Insufficient Address", if you intend to reship the item you'll need the e-mail address if you want the buyer to reimburse you for re-shipping the item.  You can send a PayPal "Request for Payment" - but under Managed Payments you won't have the e-mail address to do so.

Unless you intend to eat the re-shipping costs, you'll want to have the buyer pay for re-shipping the item, especially on costly shipping.

The fact that the buyer may deliberately NOT want to pay you is a red flag, and yes, some buyers will do that.  When you have the e-mail address you can send it.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply