cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i find my buyer's email address now?

Where are they hiding the email addresses of my buyers now?  They used to just be there.  Thanks, Tam

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Go to your paid and dispatched orders . Click on arrow below leave feedback,then go to view record. I think there is a time limit of a month after sale that you can view email address , then it will disappear. 

Message 16 of 53
latest reply

the refund method no longer works as of July/August but the email thing does
Message 17 of 53
latest reply

How do you send an invoice without finding the buyers email. They underpaid for multiple items. ebay is beyond frustrating and certainly not working for the sellers anymore.
Message 18 of 53
latest reply

It is explained in post 16 how to find the buyers email.  But how would they 'underpay'?  

Message 19 of 53
latest reply

When you click to leave feedback you can see the buyer's email address.

Message 20 of 53
latest reply

YES -- this method worked... it's the only one that did work to reveal the customer email address.!!

Message 21 of 53
latest reply

First, go to your personal e-mail account.  Then find the unopened email sent to you from "Service at Paypal"  titled instant payment received from (that buyer whose e-mail you need). Open the e-mail. Then go to reply to the e-mail. Your buyer's e-mail address will be present at the top left. Then proceed or make note of their e-mail address. Hope this helps. Note to all: Today's date is November 27 2019.  It works as of this date.  

Message 22 of 53
latest reply

The strategy posted here still works.  You can reply to the Paypal "payment received" email and see the buyers email address.

It's useful for when they want to change shipping methods and offer to pay the difference, but you have no way of invoicing them through ebay after they've already paid once.

Message 23 of 53
latest reply

Honestly, I never knew you could contact a buyer through their email and only used eBay's messaging service. I think I would feel weird contacting a buyer any other way. 

Message 24 of 53
latest reply

Interesting. I don't get emails from Paypal stating 'payment received' only the 'your item sold' email from Ebay.

I just poked around in Paypal and can't find the option/preference to get that 'payment received' notification email. Anyone in here know where that is located in Paypal?

Message 25 of 53
latest reply

As of 2/19/2020, literally none of the suggested strategies worked. And for those wondering, when you're sending prepaid shipping labels for returns, it is important to be able to do so directly to the buyer. Ebay's system for this is garbage and doesn't work for the majority of returns for me. Emailing the label directly from my Stamps.com account is the absolute best way for me to receive returns.

Message 26 of 53
latest reply

@totallymodern wrote:

As of 2/19/2020, literally none of the suggested strategies worked. And for those wondering, when you're sending prepaid shipping labels for returns, it is important to be able to do so directly to the buyer. Ebay's system for this is garbage and doesn't work for the majority of returns for me. Emailing the label directly from my Stamps.com account is the absolute best way for me to receive returns.

Maybe I'm an oddity but every time I sell something eBay sends me an email "your item sold", it includes the buyers Name, Address and email. Those messages never change, I can go back to one from 10 years ago and the info is still there.

I also use third-party tools (SixBit) it brings in the same info from the API so all these theories about eBay hiding the info are not really true. Even many many years ago when buyer email address showed up on My eBay (but only for about two weeks) before being replaced with a "contact buyer" link (via My Messages) you could still retrieve the info via the API.

One thing eBay has made more difficult to find (not impossible) is the email address of the Seller after you make a purchase. I'd venture to guess that sellers actually like this because it forces buyers to make post-sale contact via My Messages instead of direct which cannot be tracked by eBay. (ie: buyer can try feedback extortion but if it's not in My Messages a seller can't prove it). Also cuts back on the buyers who want to be "my friend" or enjoy hurling incoherent expletives.

Message 27 of 53
latest reply

This method USED TO WORK.  I'm not sure if it still does. 

Go to the shipping label page for that transaction.  Make like you're printing a shipping label.  Click "edit" to edit the buyers address.  The buyers address and phone number will come up. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 28 of 53
latest reply

"Maybe I'm an oddity but every time I sell something eBay sends me an email "your item sold", it includes the buyers Name, Address and email. Those messages never change, I can go back to one from 10 years ago and the info is still there."

Same here.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 29 of 53
latest reply

Awesome tip, thank you
Message 30 of 53
latest reply