cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final value fee calculated using list price and NOT the actual lower "best offer" sale price

Hello,

I recently sold an item under the 25% off final value fees offer.  Since standard final value fee is 10%, this makes final value fees 7.5% under this offer.  I see that the promo was applied in my seller account since "PROMO" is written in green next to both the final value fee and final value fee on shipping.   The final value fee on shipping was calculated correctly at 7.5% of buyer's shipping cost. 

Final value fee for item was calculated incorrectly.  Ebay calculated the final value fee (7.5% with Promo) for my item using the item's starting price and not the actual sale price, which was a best offer counter offer from me to the buyer.    I have never had ebay incorrectly calculate the final value fee before and I have accepted best offers in the past.  However, this was the first time I listed items and sold using their new quick list tool.  I usually use, and prefer, the advanced list tool but to apply the 25% off final value fees promo, it was only possible to use the quick list tool, since the quick list tool was the only way to add a "best offer" option onto an auction listing.  

In the past when listing using the advanced list tool for a fixed price listing, final value fee had been calculated based on the actual sale price even if you take a Best Offer price on a Buy it Now listing. 

Now using the using the quick list tool for an auction price listing, final value fee was just calculated based on the starting auction price even after selling the item at a lower Best Offer price.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Was it resolved?  How was it resolved?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: final value fee calculated using list price and NOT the actual lower "best offer" sale

Contact ebay seller customer support and present this issue.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply