cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email promo offer 500 free listing auction style important warning

I just want to give people a heads up I got a email today Dec 3 from ebay for  500 free listing in auction style. And clicked on it but it did not work when I clicked on it so I read the offer carefully. The offer stated that it starts on Dec 4. So the offer will not work if you click on it until after Dec 4 do not list anyting today if you got the email wait until Monday Dec 4. Also remeber ebay is on the west coast so this offer is on PST time  since I am on the east coast that means people on the east coast have to wait until monday Dec 4, 3:00 AM eastern time since that is Ebay's, 12:00 AM PST to click on the offer people in between the two coasts will have to figure out what the time differance is for them. 

Sell Now Seller Resources 

Offer valid December 04, 2017 to December 10, 2017.Auction-style listings only.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: email promo offer 500 free listing auction style important warning

Sorry the copy of the promo did not come out in my first posting here it is to read.

Final value and optional advanced listings upgrade and supplemental service fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

By invitation only and applies to dccomic; offer is not transferable.

Please note: invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who first activate the offer and then create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy it Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings during the Promotion Period. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of theeveryday rate plan.

The Promotion does not apply to listings with 1-day or 3-day duration, final value fees, or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, bold, listing in two categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in two categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on December 04, 2017, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on December 10, 2017, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings onwww.ebay.com (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site atwww.ebay.com or eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors(Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only) through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account” section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions

The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in 1-day or 3-day duration or the fixed price format.
Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion.
The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.

Reference code: 103383

Visit our Privacy Notice and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Offer valid December 04, 2017 to December 10, 2017.Auction-style listings only.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for highlighting very important information that should have been in headline type on the offer. Also, as usual, 1-day and 3-day listings are not included.

Fortunately, the offer does not yet show up in the Promotional Offers section of My eBay so sellers who rely on that section won't be fooled into thinking the promotion starts on Sunday.

I am glad to see the advance e-mail, though. Usually, I don't get the e-mail until long after the promotion has started! Now at least I can plan ahead which listings I will schedule to start on Monday and in what format.

Tip: Select 5-day durations to start on Monday or Tuesday. Then if something does not sell, you can relist within the promotion period ending December 10.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

FYI: i think the idea of reading the offer completely BEFORE doing anything...GOES FOR all offers you may get and/or any email you receive, right?

they all come in and have dates and exceptions , etc...SO...yes read them carefully first.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I go by checking the promo offer area first then check my emails so since it was not in my offer area. I checked there again right after clicking when it did not show up after clicking I carefully read the offer. I have gotten these earlier emails before, and like you I have gotten emails after the promo starts but since I check my promo area the late emails had no bearing.

I agree with your thinking about the

(Tip: Select 5-day durations to start on Monday or Tuesday. Then if something does not sell, you can relist within the promotion period ending December 10.)

I use to do that when ebay gave me offers of 5,000 to 1,000,000  free listing.  Back then I wish ebay would have let us bank the offers and keep them. I mean listing 1,000,000 items in 7 day's for one person. But for me 500 free listing will all be 10 day. I deal in collectiables, comics, coins etc. And I have offer 4,000 items waiting to be up loaded for sale. So I will still have alot of items left that I will list for free on other web sites as well as listing them on my own web site.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I was wondering (for the future) if these advance offers, would kick in if you listed today but paid the dime per listing to not have them start until tomorrow?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I wonder how many of these promotions ebay will have this month. I'm just wrapping up a promotion that ends today, for 500 FP or auctions. I don't think most of my listings are for "gifty" stuff though one never knows. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

CRUD!  I listed two items and it won't let me change it to BIN 30days.  RATS!  Thanks for the heads up.  I was watching my 50 free and the number was going up.  ARRG.  

* First they don't send any emails to let us know that there is a promo for months and months.
* Then they send a promo on the day it is effective.  just for the last couple ones.

* Now they send it a Day ahead of time

I think they really like messing with the sellers!  Thanks eBay for the Confusion!!!!!!

Change the channel!
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks so much for posting this!

I didn't look at the start date since I always get an email *after* the offer has already begun. I was wondering why I didn't see it in the promos on my selling page. Listed two auctions before I realized what was up. Just eBay keeping us on our toes, I guess. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I never got offer. I haven't gotten a listing promotion from ebay in a while.

Is it because Iist anyway? or because I have store? Just wondering

It seems that ebay believe in "No good dead goes unpunished"
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Keep thinking I need to take a break and was going to, but I had two promotions this week and now this one, so looks like the Christmas presents will remain unwrapped and the laundry will fall further behind. I am not complaining, though. Thanks for the heads up about the dates and “Auction” Style. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Yeah they do not really seem to know how to infrom people they need to take a page out of the FANG companys that do know how to get the word out to people.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

the link below is to a thread I started at the end of last Oct. I don't know how may promo offers they will hand out this month. But last Oct. 2017 they gave me 3 offers in just 4 days from Oct 25 to Oct 28, Plus they already had given me 2 other offers earlier that month. So for Oct 2017  I got 5 promo offers from ebay for that month, and they were all on the same account.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promotional-Offers-Free-listing-and-no-final-value-fee-s/m-p/2...

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

glad to help

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I don't know since I don't have a ebay store. I have my own web site when I have maxed out my free listing on ebay I just list there or on other sites I am on that I can list for free.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply