cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay's customer base

I don't know what it is here. I have never seen such a vast amount of low life desperate people in all my years on this planet.

Please sir, can you just give me $5. Come on how about $3 to make me go away. Tell you what, $8 and I won't leave you a bad feedback. My brand new item doesn't work. It's missing. The post office stole it. My dog ate it. My 6 month old infant bid on it, It's not green, it's orange...And somehow, somehow a couple of bucks is going to make it ALL...GO... AWAY.

What's wrong with these people? Is their station in life so low that they have no other choice but to slither through the muck to gain a few lousy dollars. Are they such life-losers that they have no dignity, no shame. No cognitive awareness of such a sad and embarrassing existence. Sometimes I want to give them money just out of sheer pity. Like someone begging on the street corner.

ebay really needs to clean up the garbage that has proliferated this web site and stop their liberal and seller abusive return policies. If you can even call them 'policies.'  And bring plenty of trucks. You're gonna need em.

Rant over.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: ebay's customer base

Why or Why, if you are an admitted niche market seller do you fto tell non niche market sellers all about  how they should think?  Your knowledge can only be what you experience. If you are in a niche market, by definition you are not part of the mainstream. So, how would your non mainstream view apply to those that are in the middle of it? It's quite a different experience, with different prospectives and different ways of doing business. 

I would think, that if you were routinely in the midst of very heavy competition, deception and low ball offers, you might have a different view and so, different advise. Is that not true?

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Well this has always been the big problem with ebay. And ebay should have along time ago stopped people from opening up all the fake accounts with fake names and fake addresses and fake email address etc. Ebay should make there users use there real name real home address and real email account address. And the best way to do this is to make all buyers use a vaild credit card to open a account. Also doing that and telling all buyers that if you buy a item from a seller it will automattically be charged to your credit card. Which is how it is done on Amazon. Now it won't get rid of all the scammers but it would get rid of alot of them. In fact if ebay did this it would see it's profits increase. Because the payment is  automattically being charged like it is done on almost any other web site except ebay! A person wins a item and five days later I am still asking them to pay me. Or 3 seconds after they won a item they bid on 6 days ago or clicked on fixed price buy it now I get a email saying it was a mistake. Or the buyer that bid on 10 of the same items from ten different sellers then pays the one seller who's price was the lowest of the 10 and tells the other 9 sellers it was a mistake and cancel those sales. The buyers are not being held accountable here. A buyer clicks on that blue button here it does not take them to a page that says pay for your item. But if you click on that button on Amazon it say's are you paying now or do you want to add to your shopping cart and when your done adding to your shopping cart you must pay there. It's a better system then what is here they really should learn somethings from other Company's.  

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Here's a new one I got yesterday:

I am so sorry I was taking a picture of your card to show a friend who collects him and some how I bought it. What do I do now? I m very sorry.

It's an eBay first...a camera bought my item.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

You got that right. All my buyer problems have been from three types of buyers.

1) Buyers who are themselfs ebay Sellers

2) Zero feedback acounts

3) New user accounts

Examples being

You have a ebay account for 6 years with Zero Feedback and buy my item but email me to cancel the sale because you bought the item on another website.

Or you bought my item for 100.00 but want a 20% diccount before you pay but your a seller too in fact your a seller of the same things I sell making you a flipper seller, wanting to cheat me out of my sale price and profits so you can make some bucks on a quick turn around flip.

All the back feedback I have gotten has also been from those three types of buyers but I have been able to get ebay to remove almost all the bad feedback they have given us. In fact one day ago I get

bad feedback from a buyer that fell into the 1) Buyers who are themselfs ebay Sellers, and he was also a seller of the same items I sold and he refused to pay for the item unless I gave him free shipping and added to that he was in a foreign country. So I filed a non payment againest him and ebay credited my money he got a stirke and then he left me the feedback. So I called ebay like I have done so many times before pointed out he was a non paying buyer and voilated the feedback policy they removed the feedback and he got another strike.  

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I don't advertize that I accept offers in my listings so I get very few, and those that I do get 90% of the time I simply ignore.   I also get very few sad stories -  which I also ignore.   People who like to play games lose interest if you refuse to play. 

I also have a no return policy in my listings, which seems to discourage buyers from buying with the idea of returning if they don't like it.  My SNAD requests over the past nine years can be counted on one hand with fingers left over.   Of course the only clothing I sell are hats and shirts so fit or color isn't an issue.   I've also found that when listing if I lower buyer's expectations when it comes to condition - they are usually very satisfied with their purchase. 

My experience with ebay buyers has been vastly different from the OPs and some of the posters here. 

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@unscrupulousintangibility wrote:

Here's a new one I got yesterday:

I am so sorry I was taking a picture of your card to show a friend who collects him and some how I bought it. What do I do now? I m very sorry.

It's an eBay first...a camera bought my item.

Dear buyer I am so sorry I was taking a picture of your message to show a friend and some how  my camera opened an UPI  I m very sorry.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

The US is a lot more diverse than it used to be. I had a sale today that I almost blocked the buyer. I was tired of so many questions and haggling. Suddenly I realized this person is not native to the US. That doesn't mean that US buyers don't haggle, but I wasn't brought up haggling so upon starting to sell on ebay the idea was foreign to me. I almost lost a sale I made today...something to remember. Hagglers can be tiring, but, sometimes you can turn it into a sale. 

I should apologize for being upbeat, but darn, I sold something! Lately that's quite an accomplishment in itself. 

Message 38 of 38
latest reply