cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay international shipping returns: what does ebay do with returned items?

ebay intl shipping, seller can not accept returns and ebay handles refunds/returns no questions asked no matter what, so i'm satisfied that i made the sale still, and didnt have to deal with any sort of potential scammer on a high value item from a zero feedback buyer.

Im just curious how their program works, and how its sustainable. does ebay resell the item themselves or do they have some sort of liquidation sale to other resellers on the platform? they must have hundreds of thousands of dollars in returned items, maybe more, so im curious if anyone knows where all these items end up going.

n4ytcg_com_0-1698881306717.png

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: ebay international shipping returns: what does ebay do with returned items?

Probably the same as they did with the GSP when an item was confiscated, they sell the good stuff.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

can you elaborate? does ebay have its own seller page

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Since you got paid, it's not your item.

Since the buyer was refunded /paid, it's not their item

The refund/payment came from eBay, so it now belongs to them.

There are probably a few liquidators in the Chicago area buying these items up for a few pennies a pound.

And while this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbkoZZF_IY  is not a reseller, you get the idea of what happens

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@n4ytcg_com wrote:

can you elaborate? does ebay have its own seller page

They sell the stuff to sellers, then they resell it.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@n4ytcg_com wrote:

they must have hundreds of thousands of dollars in returned items, maybe more, so im curious if anyone knows where all these items end up going. 

If you keep watching for it @n4ytcg_com your item will reappear on eBay using your photos and your description.

Back during GSP the liquidator operated from another suite in the same building with the GSP shipping center.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@n4ytcg_com 

They'll make terrific "white elephant" gifts at the eBay board of directors' holiday party in December.

(Invitation required -- sorry, folks!)

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

do you know what name/companies these ebay liquidators/resellers are operating under?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

lol wouldnt be surprised if that was the case either. but technically, they paid for it so its not like buyer or seller loses here imo.

i just wanted to know if anyone know the exact names of these sellers who are directly working with/for eBay.  A chunk of those mega sellers that have the "Direct from" badge even though they arent a super well known retailer/manufacturer might fall under that.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I sold an item to someone in Germany, but EIS determined that they couldn't ship it (I think the package was too big). I kept the money from the sale and the buyer got a refund. About two months later, my item showed up on this account - https://www.ebay.com/str/8ten1944 , with my description and pictures. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

wow interesting, i looked them up google, and seems like others have the same exact story. there are countless other threads from reddit to various specific niche boards.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/499748-ever-wonder-where-your-ebay-items-even-comics-go-if-they-a...

If anyone else knows if there are mega users like 8ten1944 that is essentially eBay's direct2consumer seller account, please share your knowledge!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

That seems unlikely because, although they have 180K FB, they have only 87 items actually listed.

Back during GSP the liquidator operated from another suite in the same building with the GSP shipping center.

That would be more efficient than shipping them to a liquidator even one across town.

The GSP plant as I recall was in a large building with several businesses.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

That seems unlikely because, although they have 180K FB, they have only 87 items actually listed.

That would be more efficient than shipping them to a liquidator even one across town.

The GSP plant as I recall was in a large building with several businesses. 

That's the GSP building in Erlanger KY 

zaza_3236_0-1698952046055.jpeg

1850 Airport, so the liquidator set up a suite in the same building.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

They currently have  over 19,000 items for sale. In the last 90 days, they have sold over 18,000 items.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

No they have 19,284 items currently listed.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply