cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay---any big sale for July 9 -15?

@devon@ebay.com

The period of , roughly speaking, July 9 - 15, will see some major sales by big retail competitors. I will not name them, but I'm sure consumers are Primed for this, and they are likely Targeting whichever Marts they prefer to buy from. And, very often, smaller competitors try to ride the coat tails of the Big Boys with their own marketing campaigns.

So, a few questions:

Will ebay be running any major marketing campaigns during this period?

And if so, will they be running a campaign for the ebay site, or just for the Focus Categories?

If ebay will be doing something, any suggestions on how we, as small sellers on the site, can leverage whatever ebay chooses to do?

TIA!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: ebay---any big sale for July 9 -15?

I'm pretty sure ebay is aware of Prime weeks.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 77
latest reply

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - the 'sales' were always auctions.

Highest price fetched won.

Of course that was also 'back in the day' when we were allowed to actually have fun on the boards.

Message 17 of 77
latest reply

1 TV Commercial would be nice!

Message 18 of 77
latest reply

Actually just one GOOD commercial. The other E sight has actually heartwarming spots. Apparently our customers can’t even buy the right size windshield wipers.

jw

Message 19 of 77
latest reply

Truthfully, I can't remember the last time I saw ANY ebay commercial. Target and Amazon are everywhere. 

Message 20 of 77
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

The Pottery etc board (when it was one of the most active boards and not relegated to being a group) used to have a "ding & dent sale" where sellers would list all their 'good stuff' that had minor dings & dents.

Of course that was in the days before buyers expected perfection for YS prices.

On the old Vintage C&A board we used to have Vintage Blow-Out with everything $14.99 or under - we'd all list our lower priced fun vintage, scratch n' dent, fixers, smalls, lots, etc. It was I think three times a year and we'd start advertising a couple of weeks in advance with an ad in all of our listings. eBay was a lot smaller then - we had The Pulse and a bunch of other community ventures so sellers and buyers were used to looking out for various events. Sales would fly after the kick off - it was a lot of fun!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 77
latest reply

Thank You.  It's not like I have a list or even anything I want to buy.  I have no reason to be excited. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 22 of 77
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Truthfully, I can't remember the last time I saw ANY ebay commercial. Target and Amazon are everywhere. 

eBay could at least try to counter the constant TEMU ads - a little revenue put that way could make a big difference. If eBay wants to appeal to a younger demo so the site doesn't age out completely, they need to step up their ad game, and NOT with hyper-priced sneakers and spendy watches, but all the other stuff you can get here that you can't get anywhere else. And not on television.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 77
latest reply

Bunch more sales on electronics mostly.   Everything has been on sale all year.

And like I need another TV, set of headphones, or kitchen appliance...etc...

YAWN...

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 24 of 77
latest reply

Tbh, Temu is just Wish on steroids.

Hopefully my buyers aren't the same ones tht fall for that direct from China reject bleep.

Message 25 of 77
latest reply

Agreed

Message 26 of 77
latest reply

Yes, Agreed 1000%. Seems they aren't really advertising much let alone the wide array of products that are available here. TEMU is everywhere and extremely annoying. I won't be buying from them because they have gotten on my last nerve. LOL

Message 27 of 77
latest reply

I keep telling my friends not to save their credit card info on that site.  Check out as a guest if you must. I don't trust them. 

Message 28 of 77
latest reply

I've purchased a couple of times from TEMU, but stuff I can't get here - they have a lot of just junk, but they have some decent clothing items. If I could get them locally, I would, but they're not styles readily found here. BTW, their clothing items are NOT cheap (at least the ones I purchased) and they're well made, the same stuff they wear at home.

ETA: And yes, their ads also get on my nerves - they're ridiculous and some are just, well - strange, I mean, even strange for me who has a high tolerance for it.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 77
latest reply

I was thinking that isn't it up to sellers to run promotions... but I do remember some years ago Ebay itself would kind of foot the bill for site-wide promotions (like they would give buyers the discount, rather than have the sellers eat into profits), but I don't recall seeing that being the case for a few years

Message 30 of 77
latest reply