cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay and Bitcoin-do it to jump in front of the river!

I read some articles saying a senior advisor in ebay is "seriously considering accepting Bitcoin" I've also read many articles saying Amazon has bought several Cryptocurrency domains. The main problem is the slow speed of sending Bitcoin from person to person. Come on ebay! make a power move! your sellers are behind you! 

https://www.pymnts.com/news/bitcoin-tracker/2017/ebay-cryptocurrency-payment-methods/

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: ebay and Bitcoin-do it to jump in front of the river!

@gracieallen01 wrote:
Well, you have to admit that if the stock went up - like it did with Overstock - the management would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased.  I don't think they figure it can go down too much.

Not sure I follow. eBay stock has climb pretty steadily from $26 to $37 since the split with PayPal. It hit an all-time high in late September. 

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

A few months ago the Paypal CEO said in an interview that he was exploring the use on crypto currency.  That does not mean Bitcoin, just that he was interested in learning more about the industry and use of it.

It more than likely means he wanted to develop Paypal own version of bitcoin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/75iv49/paypal_ceo_dan_schulman_talking_about_bitcoin/

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

@roxtarlifestyle077

I have looked into bitcoin, and there was stuff on tv... but I just can't get my head around it.

Virtual money... I just don't get it, can I use it at the laundry mat ?

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

"Virtual money... I just don't get it, can I use it at the laundry mat ?"

Of course....but, only for pixelated clothing
Message 49 of 53
latest reply

Plus, when a company gets rich enough to start paying out dividends $$$ to their stockholders, the price of the stock is adjusted downward by that payout amount every quarter when the dividends are paid.  Rich enough to pay out dividends, rich enough to be sharing the wealth with the stockholders.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

I am very confident that this would not happen overnight. I am also understanding why people are comparing it to cash and money orders. All in all, Bitcoin is digital, and traceable, so yes it would have to be converted through Paypal, BEFORE it was used on ebay. The more accurate title then, and more reasonable approach for ebay at this point in the cryptocurrency world would be "Paypal and Bitcoin-do it to jump in front of the river!"

And at this point, almost 50% of the people I talk to own a small fraction on some level of a cryptocurrency.

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 51 of 53
latest reply

@stitchesandseamsct wrote:

I am very confident that this would not happen overnight. I am also understanding why people are comparing it to cash and money orders. All in all, Bitcoin is digital, and traceable, so yes it would have to be converted through Paypal, BEFORE it was used on ebay. The more accurate title then, and more reasonable approach for ebay at this point in the cryptocurrency world would be "Paypal and Bitcoin-do it to jump in front of the river!"

And at this point, almost 50% of the people I talk to own a small fraction on some level of a cryptocurrency.

The more accurate title then, and more reasonable approach for ebay at this point in the cryptocurrency world would be "Paypal and Bitcoin-do it and jump in the river!"

I think you mean untraceable - until PP gets their hands on it.

Can't we just go back to trading in Gold and Silver......this would be my choice over all currencies (just saying 🙂  )

Message 53 of 53
latest reply