cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Branded Shipping Envelopes - Quality Issue

Can the ebay department in charge of ebay branded shipping do a detailed market comparison for like items as this contractor is gouging ebay sellers on pricing, and it is really out of control.  Please compare polymailers even to your own ebay sellers quantity per package (100 pcs)  and mil (quality per item) why is ebay so much more expensive? Yes, when we have a store we get a coupon for shipping supplies that really does not go very far.   It is problematic and your contractor is making a fortune at our expense!  Secondly, they keep changing the graphics and or the quality of the polymailers.  While I generally thing the polymailer quality is good, the 6x9 #0, padded size just went through a change and now it is see-through basically.  Opaque but one can see the contents of the packaging if they wanted to.  NO, that is not OK.  That needs to change back to the old version.  Sticks like crazy, though the glue from taking off the label is a pain...leaving annoying little balls of rubber cement-like consistency that you have to wipe off on something, ugh.  SO, please someone in the marketing dept. have a look and an overhaul so that buyers promo coupons can go farther.  FREE but we do pay for it with our fees so make it worthwhile, please!  Thank you in advance for listening, and actioning.  This benefits the entire selling community with stores and the ebay brand in general.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: ebay Branded Shipping Envelopes - Quality Issue

But I wasn't talking about envelopes but the small size boxes.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I went to order my usual 100 6x4x4 this quarter and noticed this aslo. I may need to cut them down now as I use many and slip them in padded bubble mailers, they certainly will not fit in padded mailers now and I hope the quality of the box is not downgraded again like the last year when they switched from the blue logo to the black. the boxes are flimsy and seams are cut crooked, pure garbage compared to what they used to be.

Why the change? Very odd sizing and makes no sense.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

My most recent poly bubble mailers were  see through too.....i use 'Thankyou' stickers and could read the word 'Thankyou' through them. Yes, also little balls of glue. 

Do sellers actually buy ebay shipping supplies outside of using the coupons?

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

eBay gives "qualified" sellers a $25 quarterly freebie on supplies and some sellers still complain even with free shipping! Why?

I have no issues. I take advantage of the boxes.  I use high quality tape, fragile labels, glass labels, peanuts, bubble wrap, and handle with care labels when needed. I buy these supplies on eBay and from a local packing supply store.

If you don't like the bubble envelope, there are other options. USPS flat rate that can be ordered and delivered for free (you will need to create an account the the USPS site), buy on line, or use a combo of a poly bag and bubble wrap.

If you don't want the $25 freebie, then go to your local packing / shipping supply store and compare prices or send your coupon code to me. I really don't think that is allowed. lol

Walmart is the next place if you catch them at the right time to have inventory on boxes. Would not buy their bubble envelopes or bubble wrap.

You can probably find free boxes on your local community sites like nextdoor. They have a seller / free section. 

This just shows that some people have been pampered too much in life! I don't understand why people feel they are entitled. My generation started this "your special", "your entitled" without working for it, and the big one - "you get a participation trophy / ribbon".

I also see it this way. The more we can advertise eBay on our packages, the better for all of us.  I don't like Amazon at all and we all know their boxes carry their logo, but their are hidden costs that their sellers and buyers are pay for which I don't need to go into.

Does anyone remember the diaper incident on Amazon last year (I believe)? They were not able to block that negative media coverage.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Not pampered at all

The coupon was given when they took away the fee discounts we used to get. I get a $50 coupon 4 x a year instead of the 20% monthly discount on selling fees ...

Paltry not pampered in comparison!

And the coupon got me see through envelopes!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

you must have a high level store account. I know nothing about about 20% selling fee discount or a $50 coupon

take care

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Tagging on.     This subject has actually been rattling around in my head.

I've used the free shipping supplies since ebay started offering them.      As others have noted,    The quality has gotten worse over time.    I'd certainly not use some of the items, if they weren't free.    

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Well, it's changed a LOT over the last few years. You can still get a 10% fee credit if you offer one day shipping, free shipping and a bunch of other stuff.

No, i am not a big seller but a few years ago if you met the criteria for high selling standards you got a 20 % fee reduction off your monthly invoice.....which for me was way better than see through envelopes 4 x a year. Not pampered, i have paid for those envelopes many times over

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I agree.  I purchased the 6x9 envelopes last period and returned them because they were transparent and I did not get a credit or swap.  I thought the quality of those bags was a one-off.  I purchased the 9x12 bags this period and low and behold they are transparent as well.  I am certain my customers do not want their mail carriers to be able to identify what they have purchased.  This is bordering on theft.  I definitely feel taken advantage of.  I guess at some point we will begin not to use our eBay shipping supplies for nothing but the stickers and the response would be oh well.  Sadly, it will require more than the grievance of a few to get a change.  eBay will ignore us because actually, we are the one-offs.  It makes me so upset.  If anyone has a suggestion for me, I'd be most grateful!

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I normally buy my boxes from ebay and my bubble mailers from amazon.

I recently needed to order more but amazon was out of my usual #4 bubble mailer so i ordered from ebay.

The quality of the amazon bubble mailers (Polyair) was better - thicker, more cushioning, better closure.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I don't get the boxes, and rarely get the padded mailers. I get the poly mailers, and all the ones I've gotten have been very good - thick, not see through, and a strong, sticky closure.  Definitely worth getting if you need poly mailers.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

you must have a high level store account. I know nothing about about 20% selling fee discount or a $50 coupon

take care

Sexton, If you have a store you get quarterly coupons from ebay for shipping supplies.

Go to your store. Click on "manage my store". Then click on "subscriber discounts"  

Stay safe!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

The changes I've seen have mostly been so minor - logo changes really.  The one big change is getting rid of the double perforated poly envelopes - I hated that because the second perforation always tried to tear when I was sealing, making me think it might tear in mail processing. I'd end up ripping the entire top off. 

When I was selling full time I went through the largest boxes and the smallest boxes like crazy - last two batches of the smallest box (6 x 4 x 4) have been all wonky - I have to detach one side and re-tape it to get it square, but then my last shipment of medium flat-rate top-openers from the USPS have been wonky, too.  I'm pretty sure that both boxes came from the same plant in the south county - maybe somebody has been showing up hungover.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I like these a lot. Post office seems to deliver faster. Buyers seem to like the professionalism.

I agree the quality of the bubble mailers has dropped. But we get $150 coupon with our store and we'll use every penny while we can.

I wouldn't buy these without the coupon.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply