cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Branded Shipping Envelopes - Quality Issue

Can the ebay department in charge of ebay branded shipping do a detailed market comparison for like items as this contractor is gouging ebay sellers on pricing, and it is really out of control.  Please compare polymailers even to your own ebay sellers quantity per package (100 pcs)  and mil (quality per item) why is ebay so much more expensive? Yes, when we have a store we get a coupon for shipping supplies that really does not go very far.   It is problematic and your contractor is making a fortune at our expense!  Secondly, they keep changing the graphics and or the quality of the polymailers.  While I generally thing the polymailer quality is good, the 6x9 #0, padded size just went through a change and now it is see-through basically.  Opaque but one can see the contents of the packaging if they wanted to.  NO, that is not OK.  That needs to change back to the old version.  Sticks like crazy, though the glue from taking off the label is a pain...leaving annoying little balls of rubber cement-like consistency that you have to wipe off on something, ugh.  SO, please someone in the marketing dept. have a look and an overhaul so that buyers promo coupons can go farther.  FREE but we do pay for it with our fees so make it worthwhile, please!  Thank you in advance for listening, and actioning.  This benefits the entire selling community with stores and the ebay brand in general.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: ebay Branded Shipping Envelopes - Quality Issue

Quality of bubble mailers has dropped dramatically and the prices have risen dramatically.  Certainly not a good value for the price.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@orangegroveroad wrote:

this contractor is gouging ebay sellers on pricing

It is problematic and your contractor is making a fortune at our expense

First ... if there is a fortune being made from eBay-branded shipping supplies, you can be sure that eBay is getting a big share of it. Or all of it. 

Second ... those eBay shipping supplies coupons are just like airline miles or a "company store" in a coal-mining town. What is $25 in free shipping supplies really worth when eBay controls the selection and pricing? 

If eBay shipping supplies are not the best deal after factoring in the coupon and the quality, then take the best deal instead. Don't be fooled by the idea that you are "losing" the dollar amount on the coupon. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

If you know the history of the reason ebay sellers are getting these free coupon codes then you would understand that the value should match the value of the increase of the fees paid for store fees.  Of course I will use it and shop elsewhere for the better deal with my $.   The point is the VALUE should be noteworthy.  We are marketing ebay for free and we should feel good about it.  It should not be a PROFIT center for ebay it should be a WASH.  It should offer VALUE.  I don't look at this as airline miles, at all. 

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

To be clear.  I have spoken to merchant support about the pricing being outrageous and the answer I got.  "oh, it is handled by a contractor".  Ebay can control what pricing the contractor uses.  Just like they can close down sellers for what they consider price gouging.  These prices are the epitome of PRICE GOUGING and they have their brand name all over it.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Actually, I just recently received 200 bubble mailers from them and they were much better quality than previous orders. Mine aren't see-thru either. They do have that sticky glue you mentioned, but its honestly way better than the previous seals they used which didn't stick very well at all.

I didn't like the old version because the bubble lining was too thin, the news ones are much thicker. But I noticed when taping down my labels the tape doesn't stick as well as it used too. So there's benefits and drawbacks.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

lol, the main reason is because the only people who order from ebay shipping supplies are the sellers who get quarterly coupons for the ebay shipping supplies store, and basically only purchase one item where the coupon covers at minimal $25 of the price (depends on store tier the coupon amount) ...that's how I buy from there and pay either nothing or a few bucks like $3 or something. I personally only buy tape, I got tons of it, their boxes are pure garbage and so are their poly mailers/poloy bubble mailers... which I purchase from various sellers on ebay way cheaper and better quality. I did recently just last week purchase some ebay boxes from the store cause I needed that size and with the coupon i had it was completely free so I used coupon on that this time since I still have like 100 rolls of their tape. Figure if they are giving me a coupon I might as well use it, I am after all paying for a store. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I normally get either the poly mailers or the tape. Things get sandwiched between corrugated cardboard, overwrapped and then slipped into a poly mailer. Quality has always been good with those.

I've only gotten the bubble mailers a couple of times, and that was when the coupons first came out. The quality was good at that time.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Has no-one noticed the change to the small box size?

6x4x4 is now 6x4.75x4.75 which means more space to 'fill' and in a lot of cases these boxes are now useless for small items which used to come in just under the 4 ounce mark.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

To be fair, I haven't ordered their poly bubble mailers in long time but when I did the quality wasn't so great, however it doesn't really matter in my case, I only use them as padded lining inside box for vinyl shipments... I have a pretty specific way I package orders and I package like an armored tank, for vinyl to ensure quality condition remains mint during shipping i use the padded envelopes, I can get 4 sides to the box from one envelope 9.5x13 size, 100 pack for me = 100 shipments, why I don't use those multi-depth "LP Record Boxes" most sellers do use, I use them but only as trays inside real boxes which are brown corrugated ETC 32/200 (or more) double walled. I do spend a lot on shipping materials cause I seriously have an OCD with shipping lol. But for those who actually use them to ship items inside them was more my point. 

I do like their tape, it's the same as USPS priority tape without having to use USPS priority tape for non-priority shipments...and I use a lot of it, but I have a ton of it now and don't really need to order it ATM. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@orangegroveroad wrote:

To be clear.  I have spoken to merchant support about the pricing being outrageous and the answer I got.  "oh, it is handled by a contractor".  Ebay can control what pricing the contractor uses.  Just like they can close down sellers for what they consider price gouging.  These prices are the epitome of PRICE GOUGING and they have their brand name all over it.

To be clear - that is pretty much what I said. 

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I use the bubble mailers and the poly mailers since these supplies started.  I love them.  They work very well for me.  The last couple of batches of the bubble mailers were a bit better because the glue went all the way across.  I've been asking for that for awhile.  I'm glad to see it is here.

I use up my quarterly coupon and buy what I can of these supplies.  If I need more, because they are so darn expensive, I buy unbranded supplies.  

I've been asking Ebay for a long time to increase our quarterly coupons.  They are at the same rate they were when they were introduced, but the supplies are dramatically more expensive.  They aren't keeping pace.

I've been told, maybe next year.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@scpete8755 wrote:

Has no-one noticed the change to the small box size?

6x4x4 is now 6x4.75x4.75 which means more space to 'fill' and in a lot of cases these boxes are now useless for small items which used to come in just under the 4 ounce mark.

@scpete8755 

Keep in mind that the smaller the envelope the easier for your carrier to lose them.  I recycle my packing materials.  Especially this time of year when I'm shopping for the holidays.  I can get quite a stock of packaging stuff to save and use throughout the year.  Even the plastic shopping bags.  I try to let nothing go to waste.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I just got 8x6x4 boxes 24ct and when put together.... Well 3 of the top corners have huge gaps. Had to put tape over them.

Quality is down. Won't buy any more.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

It's surprising a billion dollar company can't find a vendor (or contractor) that has better quality control over it's items.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply