cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay won't remove positive feedback with negative comment

Buyer left positve feedback with a negative comment:

"pieces were very very very small as a senior I cannot do this puzzle,"

despite the listing clearly stating the item is a "mini jigsaw puzzle" and pieces are less than one-inch (7/8" x 5/8") and the "puzzle size: 14" x 11."

I know most sellers wouldn't care about such feedback, but as an ASD person, the comment bothers me a bit. Plus, the buyer is a seller themselves, so I would expect better behavior from them.

After talking with eBay, removing positive feedback with negative comments ONLY applies to sellers' actions, not buyers' actions. Just add that to the list of eBay's bias towards buyers 😞

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay won't remove positive feedback with negative comment

I think I'm going to pieces.

Little tiny ones.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

wrote:
The point I am trying to convey is not green donut vs red donut, but instead, at what point are buyers held responsible for reading the listing. Item #162883249211. IMO, seems illogical to buy a mini puzzle and then complain it is too small. SMH.

@kate_lily, unfortunately,  many buyers,  particularly those on mobile devices,  don't see the description. Some don't know to click on the button to view the full description,  some are too lazy. Add to that an increasing attitude of entitlement. IMO, The Money Back Guarantee has contributed to buyers feeling it's not their responsbility to thoroughly examine and comprehend the listing in its totality.  All they have to do is claim Item Not As Described,  and they're going to get a refund, after all.  

I disagree with @slippinjimmy on doing away with negative feedback for buyers. It's just one of the factors that has resulted in eBay's becoming a buyer's playground and a seller's minefield.

I'm sorry you were hurt by this buyer's questionable way of expressing his less than 100% satisfaction with the item he received. It could have been more painful and prolonged, however,  if he'd chosen to take action some other way.

You are brave in coming to eBay to sell, as it can be far from pleasant at times. I do hope you can let this go, and just realize there are some people in the world that just don't seem to care or consider how their words or actions impact others. Try not to take it to heart. You're doing great so far!

Belle
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

just block them from buying from you, and if they ask why, tell them the truth, you did not appreciate their last feedback comment. Or just leave it alone, because it really is not that bad, I've seen worse.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

wrote:

I think I'm going to pieces.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Little tiny ones.

Smiley Surprised

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

wrote:

Buyer left positve feedback with a negative comment:

"pieces were very very very small as a senior I cannot do this puzzle,"

despite the listing clearly stating the item is a "mini jigsaw puzzle" and pieces are less than one-inch (7/8" x 5/8") and the "puzzle size: 14" x 11."

I know most sellers wouldn't care about such feedback, but as an ASD person, the comment bothers me a bit. Plus, the buyer is a seller themselves, so I would expect better behavior from them.

After talking with eBay, removing positive feedback with negative comments ONLY applies to sellers' actions, not buyers' actions. Just add that to the list of eBay's bias towards buyers 😞

Wow, you have big problems here. 🙄🙄

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Like Elsa in Frozen, you need to Let It Go!

It's green.  Most probably won't be noticed and if noticed, it is not the end of the world.

Be sure to change your titles to include the word MINI; give piece size in the description and mention that this puzzle has very small pieces, which may cause some difficulty for some buyers when assembling the puzzle.

These are especially important as this is not the first such comment you have received; so to avoid receiving more such comments, action on your part is required.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

wrote:

This is the 2nd false positive about the pieces being too small, that you've received.

The other one is 4 down below your Neutral and says:

"The worlds smallest puzzel , I think I’m too old for this & the tiny pieces. "

I believe the Op has been here before with the same story. You would think the feedback would be used to improve a listing.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Your OP says it's clearly listed that the puzzle is mini yet it's not in the main picture OR the TITLE. It's not clear at all.

Unless you add the word mini to the title it will probably happen again. Maybe this buyer will look and see you've been warned about this before and did nothing to prevent it and feel you need a stronger message. 

There's nothing in the picture of the box or the title to explain it is a mini puzzle and frankly I don't understand why you keep having the same problem but refusing to prevent it.

I buy and own  probably hundreds of puzzles just for your information. Important information (mini, missing pieces, missing box) needs to be in the TITLE.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply