cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay withholding funds

Everyone should be AWARE. There is no reason for eBay to withhold your money for weeks or a month even after you've proven item has been shipped and tracked and delivered. They are HURTING for money so a board meeting to withhold funds and keep it in their bank was obviously held, but keeping everyone's money for longer won't help them in the long run. Be aware of what they're doing and try to sell elsewhere so you can actually get paid. I've called 10 times and they refuse to give me my money, EVEN WITH POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM THE SALES IN QUESTION 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

eBay withholding funds

Oh to have been a fly on the wall at that board meeting.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

"New or sellers will experience transaction holds while eBay confirms that their items have been successfully delivered. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. In limited circumstances, new sellers may experience holds for up to 21 days."

Payments on hold

If you've not sold in the last 90 days this may be the reason for the hold.

Unfortunately "successfully delivered" actually means that the 21-30 or so day period for any return problems has elapsed.  Yes, they could be clearer on that.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

I can think of many reasons.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

As a brand new seller, you should be aware that your funds will be held. Ebay has a thirty day MBG and they prefer that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs. You would not be the first seller to receive positive fb on your item, then three weeks later have that buyer open a not as described case against you.Until you have proven that you are a dependable seller, with a recent selling history,for delivering what you advertise, expect your funds to be held for up to thirty days.Ebay is not holding your funds, Adyen, the payment processor is.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

@hartungcards wrote:

Oh to have been a fly on the wall at that board meeting.

I have a vision of eBay execs in their Gucci deal sleds with no socks frantically digging around in the couch cushions for spare change.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

Only new sellers should be aware....us "old timers" went through this already. Rather normal. Money on hold for 30+ days if you haven't sold in a month or longer. Feedback(s) doesn't matter in this situation.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

Oh to have been a spider on the wall next to the fly.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

Most online sales venues and payment services will hold your money for up to a month if you are new or haven't used the service in a while. It's standard industry practice. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

@doctorvend wrote:

There is no reason for eBay to withhold your money for weeks or a month even after you've proven item has been shipped and tracked and delivered. They are HURTING for money so a board meeting to withhold funds and keep it in their bank.

That is not why they are holding your funds. They hold funds to make sure you do not withdrawal and run for the hills. Buyers have money back guarantees and some buyer will wait until the last of 30 days to tell you they want their money back.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

@doctorvend 

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.  

You agree to these terms when you sign up.  This backs the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.  It is to ensure that the transaction went positively and in the event of returns due to Not as Described or Item never received, the funds are there to refund the buyer.  Also your no returns policy will not hold water, I would change your policy.  No returns does not mean no refunds,

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy....

Congrats on your sales! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

I have been buying and selling on eBay for a long time, as I’m retired now less active however I sold a Epiphone Joe Pass guitar Jan 24 and was organising dispatch and checked my PayPal Acc to see if as normal payment sent to me, no it was on hold , they said it was because it was a expensive item “ nonsense, I’d not been active for twelve months selling , assured I would get my money it was safe etc “ nonsense 100 % rating , contacted buyer, explained I wouldn’t dispatch until it was received, no way to resolve” cancelled sale, cost me 30p admin , one unhappy buyer, nice bloke , one unhappy seller , won’t sell again on eBay, Reverb far better, EBay is too big .

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

eBay withholding funds

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM SEPTEMBER 2023

The problem with zombie threads is the information and advice may no longer be accurate.

@rodwphoto 

EBay sold off Paypal in 2015 and has been using Managed Payments for sellers since 2019 or so.

Do you have a Managed Payments account?
You will need to give eBay your SSN and your checking account information.

You are posting on the dotCOM site, and there may be some differences on the UK site about the identification needed to set up the account.

As a Canadian, I am very protective of my Social Insurance Number, so I used my passport and DH used his driving license.

Buyers are still encouraged to use PP, but US and Canadian sellers are enrolled in Managed Payments.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply