cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay website has been going down from time to time since at least 1-2 weeks

I noticed probably 3-4 times in the last 1-2 weeks suddenly every eBay page just shows a "It looks like this page is missing" message for several minutes and then it comes back.

It's kind of annoying, is anyone else seeing this and are they aware of the issue?

Thank you

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Yep, been happening to me as well over the past few days. It is particularly bad when I go to answer messages. 

I will say that answering messages on mobile seems to work just fine, both on the app and the desktop site (but on my phone). 

I've even switched browsers, computers, used a VPN, the desktop version of the site has just been directing me to broken pages.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Are you sure it isn't your personal internet service that isn't having a momentary glitch?

It does not appear that this site [link below] has any reports of this happening.

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

same is happening to me recently

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes because it is an eBay page that says "It looks like this page is missing" and all other websites including these eBay forums continue to work while the main eBay website is down.

The website doesn't technically go down like the server isn't responding at all it just sends an eBay page that says the page can't be found so it's technically not down.

I also think this is a per-user issue (as in it goes down for specific users and not for everyone) especially with another reply mentioning it's particularly bad when answering messages as I noticed this too and almost mentioned it in my original message.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

What?  I'm not only in the forum, I have a business to run.  I am all over Ebay on a daily basis.

Getting that message does not mean that Ebay is down.  It may mean that function isn't available at that moment.  Often just refreshing the screen will do the trick.  But other times it can be that they are performing maintenance on that specific feature of the site.

Because you can't access one thing does not mean the entire site is down

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Same as me, the entire site was never down, just sections at different times.

For example, I was trying to answer messages and that was giving me the error page. So then, I went to print packing slips and buy postage. That worked fine until I went to void a label because I didn't select the correct postage for that order. The "shipping labels" tab in the seller's hub was down. So, I switched back to messages, in about 10 minutes, and that worked fine again. 

Thankfully, there are a lot of different tasks that need to be completed each day so when one thing doesn't work and am not 100% stuck. I do wish the site was working fully though (obviously).

This is why I don't think it is my ISP, if it was, I'd think I have other problems on different websites/devices which I don't seem to have.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

One eBay page, I forget which, gave me trouble a couple times but the site was never down for me. Over the years, my ISP is down wayyyy more often than eBay. 

If you lived thru the eBay outages from '97 to about '99 no little blip is gonna faze you.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I've had problems with connections, not necessarily with the "we can't find it"......especially with boards...times out.  Google news also times out trying to connect with some stories.  BUT, ISP is rewiring around here for 5G (whatever it is), so am attributing all to them.....rightly or wrongly........

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Once one eBay page shows "This page is missing" every single page on ebay.com says that for 5-15 minutes and then they all come back at once.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@ccrrefills wrote:

Once one eBay page shows "This page is missing" every single page on ebay.com says that for 5-15 minutes and then they all come back at once.

That is not something I've experienced in the last couple of weeks.  That is about all I can share.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You might be having ISP speed delays. I get messages that say that your speed is not fast enough to connect at that precise second.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Yes, every day for me too. It's been around 4 days or so and is Always when I'm making a listing ughh. Just happened right now, searched it and found this thread. Today is Feb. 20th, 2024. It is a pia. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

OLD THREAD

If you are having this problem currently.  You should clear your cache and cookies and see if that improves things for you.  If it does not, you need to report the problem to Ebay so there is a better chance of getting it fixed sooner rather than later.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply