cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's new low... Phony 'You lost your top rated status" msg.

First thing this morning I check my eBay messeges and see:eBay threat.png

Curious (and a little panicy) as to what I'd done wrong I call eBay only to be told not worry, it only effects global sellers and since I don't sell internationally it has no effect on my account.

I asked why they send it and ruin my morning... I could feel a shrug and a 'whatever' come over the line. What's the matter with these people? Aren't there any adults in the room?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I got it also........

@Anonymous

Trinton, apparently this went out to alot of people and as far as I can tell it concerns ONLY Global sales, which some of us don't do at all..........and for which I, at least, never have had TRS for.

Message title is: 

Act now to regain Top Rated Seller status

It never mentions Global, until you click the link, which takes you to the Global TRS page.......

Perhaps you could tell the TRS team.........it's scared many of us to death.......that we've somehow lost US TRS...........

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@vintage_sterling_spoon_ringswrote:

Curious (and a little panicy) as to what I'd done wrong I call eBay only to be told not worry, it only effects global sellers and since I don't sell internationally it has no effect on my account.

I asked why they send it and ruin my morning... I could feel a shrug and a 'whatever' come over the line. What's the matter with these people? Aren't there any adults in the room?

I got one also, and I never had any issues in the past with any of my GSP transactions where I got any kind of defect. Probably, just another hidden method to down grade our accounts to slowly push us off the site.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I just got two of those, they threatened that they are giving me a month to comply?!

Yet I have been selling 12 years +, have 100% positive feedback, use tracking, had one return about 4 years ago. no defects, no late shipments, no cases filed.

They told me I would lose my Top Rated Seller status in one month!

So what happens if you are demoted? Do your FVFees go up, do you disappear in the searches? This kind of put me in a sour mood this morning, like getting abused from a overly critical parent who says whatever you do, it's not good enough!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I got it also........

@Anonymous

Trinton, apparently this went out to alot of people and as far as I can tell it concerns ONLY Global sales, which some of us don't do at all..........and for which I, at least, never have had TRS for.

Message title is: 

Act now to regain Top Rated Seller status

It never mentions Global, until you click the link, which takes you to the Global TRS page.......

Perhaps you could tell the TRS team.........it's scared many of us to death.......that we've somehow lost US TRS...........

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

My second message said

In ebay messages;
"Hi ,
We see that you have a great track record as a Top Rated Seller, but recently you didn’t meet one or more of the sales, volume or tracking upload goals set for all Top Rated Sellers in the US region...." (100% everything)

So I look in the seller dashboard and click the link to see the issue, and it just bumps me to the top of the page!

Then I receive this in my email today;

"Dear ____,

We’re contacting you today to share the exciting news that you have earned a spot in eBay Guaranteed Delivery because of your consistent on-time handling performance."

Hopefully, this threat of my status downgrade is an error, but then again, I've done the best I can.

Thanks ebay

posting ID

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Actually without the TRS Status - you have to pay the regular postal on-line costs - but look at the bright side - now you'll get more sales.  Had tons of sales until I hit the magical TRS status and then.........sales stopped - lucky to have between 15-20 a month now.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vintage_sterling_spoon_rings wrote:

Hi @vintage_sterling_spoon_rings, in our  2017 Summer Seller Update we announced changes to International Performance Standards that outlined how we would begin tracking international transactions vs. domestic. We provided a grace period until February 20, 2018 for sellers to adjust and as this grace period has ended the first evaluation after that period has been completed, notifications are being sent out regarding a loss of Global Top Rated status for those who no longer qualify.

@timemachine777, I wanted to clarify that this is unrelated to the Global Shipping Program.

@newnewnewmann, if you do not ship internationally, then the change to your Global Performance rating won't have an impact to your current business. As for your US rating, I recommend you review the full details of your Seller Dashboard to see what component of your performance may have dropped you below Top Rated. It is possible that if all of the different expectations are rated at 100%, this could be related to volume as Top Rated sellers do have to have a certain number of sales within their individual lookback period.  If you still have questions, you can contact Customer Service to discuss the specifics.

@dhbookds, previously there was no differentiation between locations when it came to Top Rated status, but as per our announcement last year, each of the four Standards regions (United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Global) will have be based exclusively on sales to buyers who are in those regions.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi @vintage_sterling_spoon_rings, in our  2017 Summer Seller Update we announced changes to International Performance Standards that outlined how we would begin tracking international transactions vs. domestic. We provided a grace period until February 20, 2018 for sellers to adjust and as this grace period has ended the first evaluation after that period has been completed, notifications are being sent out regarding a loss of Global Top Rated status for those who no longer qualify.

@timemachine777, I wanted to clarify that this is unrelated to the Global Shipping Program.

@newnewnewmann, if you do not ship internationally, then the change to your Global Performance rating won't have an impact to your current business. As for your US rating, I recommend you review the full details of your Seller Dashboard to see what component of your performance may have dropped you below Top Rated. It is possible that if all of the different expectations are rated at 100%, this could be related to volume as Top Rated sellers do have to have a certain number of sales within their individual lookback period.  If you still have questions, you can contact Customer Service to discuss the specifics.

@dhbookds, previously there was no differentiation between locations when it came to Top Rated status, but as per our announcement last year, each of the four Standards regions (United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Global) will have be based exclusively on sales to buyers who are in those regions.

You stated that this has nothing to do with GSP. So, since I only use GSP how does this impact me? All my GSP shipments are shipped to KY, and as noted in my dashboard I'm completely above standard, and 0.00% on everything except tracking which is 100%, The same goes for my Global, and UK/ Ireland. so why the notice?  Is there something I'm not seeing?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

What impacted me on my other ID is that they changed the minimum # of transactions to 100. On my other ID, my global is 67, so I lost TRS there. All my other factors are perfect. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timemachine777 wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

You stated that this has nothing to do with GSP. So, since I only use GSP how does this impact me? All my GSP shipments are shipped to KY, and as noted in my dashboard I'm completely above standard, and 0.00% on everything except tracking which is 100%, The same goes for my Global, and UK/ Ireland. so why the notice?  Is there something I'm not seeing?

Hi @timemachine777, if you do not ship internationally, then this would have no impact on you. I encourage you to review the link I shared as it outlines the changes to how Top Rated status is calculated within the different regions. Previously, you would have been considered Top Rated Globally - you are no longer considered Top Rated globally as you have not met the requirements for Top Rated at a Global level. If you do not ship internationally outside of the Global Shipping Program, this would be the most likely reason as you simply do not have enough transactions to be considered Top Rated Globally.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@newnewnewmannwrote:

"Dear ____,

We’re contacting you today to share the exciting news that you have earned a spot in eBay Guaranteed Delivery because of your consistent on-time handling performance."

I got that one too. eBay must have hired a new 22 year old bot with an MBA...

And a BETTER IDEA!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I got the first one of those "global" emails two months ago. Everyone was yelling at me "Check your dashboard!", which showed no problems. Got another email with the same message Monday. The closest I come to selling globally is when someone from Canada asks to pay with a foreign PayPal account and ship to a northern US border state so they can come across and pick it up.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I've been getting those too, but they state it only effects global seller performance standards, just as your letter does.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

I recommend you review the full details of your Seller Dashboard to see what component of your performance may have dropped you below Top Rated.

And I recommend eBay to actually listen. My initial complaint was that I got this message though NO "component of [my] performance have dropped [me] below Top Rated." I do not sell globally so this message was sent by mistake. Instead of justifying sending it why doesn't eBay update their automated messaging and stop sending threatening sounding messages to those the threat doesn't apply or affect.

You know - Good PR; Good communication; Good customer service. All those things you expect from us... Why can't we expect them from you?

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@newnewnewmannwrote:

"Dear ____,

I got that one too. eBay must have hired a new 22 year old bot with an MBA...

And a BETTER IDEA!

It didn't seem like exciting news when I read it!

Especially because I didn't "earn" a spot in their Guaranteed Delivery which they opt me in without my wanting it., and after threatening me with a downgrade despite having 100% feedback and shipping, no claims... 100% satisfaction for the buyers.

That was my rant; ebay's right hand "praises" my selling performance, while ebay's left hand spanks me for bad seller performance. LOL!   If I earned it, then I didn't earn their threats for doing everything right, and if I'm such a bad seller that they take away top rated status, then I didn't earn it.

This was disconcerting to me, even though it's petty. I guess I just don't care anymore. Ebay is dysfunctional.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 15 of 28
latest reply