cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay restricted account and is holding $12,500

Good morning,

eBay has restricted my account after selling a few fireplaces that retail for over $1000. They asked me for a lot of information like ID card photos, bank statements, proof of business, and invoices or receipts. I provided all this information besides receipts since the items we have been selling are obsolete inventory for our business and a few years old (but still in great condition as we maintain them). We did get a negative review for a piece of flue that shipped late (our warehouse guy was out on private business). Any specific reasons this is happening? Any recommendations to fight this, and has anyone else faced this issue and came out selling? Would love the advice and potential work arounds for not having a receipt for a three-year-old fireplace.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: eBay restricted account and is holding $12,500

To update everyone, I have been reinstated! At first my account got permanently restricted after I supplied invoices and proof of shipping. I went to BBB and filed a complaint where they asked for more documents it was a back and forth because they kept wanting more documents, receipts, etc. Went silent on their end for a few days, until I got an email saying I was reinstated. Moral of the story: don't give up. I appreciate anyone who gave advice to me. 

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

@isokernus 

Fantastic! Great to read this.  Perseverance is the key! 

Happy Selling!!! 

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@isokernus wrote:

(our warehouse guy was out on private business).

The mention of "warehouse" sends alarm bells ringing with me.

It's not just that but also the random nameless and faceless employee and the fact that who knows where this warehouse is or even which one? 

I could go on for quite a rant on this...

But I will attempt my best to make this short.

I am going to wager a guess that your method of cancelling purchases for reasons of "buyer asked" has come back to bite you, especially if you have been doing just that. Buyers today have a way to report sellers who abuse this cancellation method when the buyer in fact did not ask OR was "coaxed" into asking by sellers who initiate communication for the sole purpose of asking if the buyer would like to.

Whether that is in fact what happened, hard to say... It's practically impossible to get anything conclusive and completely transparent out of any dropshippers or corporate sellers. So when confronted by these mysteries at some point you are the only one who holds the key to the answer.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

I cancelled two orders for "buyer asked"... Because the buyer asked me to cancel. I never even mentioned that on this board. Read all the chats I put , including my most recent one. Thank you for your input!

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Glad you got reinstated.

Thanks for coming back and updating your thread.....

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Hey how did you do it? I’m in the same situation? But can’t seem to get it under control! 

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@matco-9612 

Did you try contacting Ebay via social media?  

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS reps who work for Ebay and may be able to help you resolve your issue.  You really didn't specify in your post here.  Why did Ebay restrict your account?  Did Ebay ask you to provide receipts for your items you are selling or the tracking numbers?  I notice you have a lot of items listed as "open box", that may have raised some red flags.  

The Facebook link has been known to be a very positive outlet in getting your issues resolved here on Ebay.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful as well.

Give it a try and hope it works for you. 

Good luck.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

been dealing with virtually the same issue. I'll be getting it under control by moving my entire inventory to another platform and never giving ebay another penny of my money. Obviously the only way to handle this, as there's tons of cases out there but **bleep** still happens. 

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

be persistent and provide them with needed documents. It will take some time but if you respond to them and try your best to provide all needed documents, they will unrestrict you if you are a legit seller. Be patient!

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

I could give you the full story, but to keep it short, they first asked for proof of deliveries and transaction numbers. Provided that. Then they asked for invoices or proof of purchases, also provided that. But two days later I am permanently restricted. Which from everything that I have read, that pretty much means the end of my existence with eBay. It just seems strange that so many people have gone through similar problems, yet there is no clear solution. Just crazy. 

At this point, I’d rather just accept defeat. But deep down, I’d like to fight for a chance to reinstate my account! Just feels like eBay is bullying people just because they can. 

And yes I have tried the ebay business group on Facebook and they pretty much said there’s nothing to do. What’s the point of all these outside sources if nobody can do anything. Crazy. 

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

@matco-9612 

I'm so sorry.  You know I'm looking at your sales and to me it looks like you bid or bought an overstock pallet. It's done all the time and it's a big part of what Ebay is known for.   My husbands family did it for 40 plus years and for a while I moved alot of it on Ebay years ago. I even listed plumbing supplies and did pretty good.  It was a whole new education too.  Sometimes you came into some really great finds at those bid sales and then others...😑 I'm not seeing anything that looks like a high value item or any of the items, that would set off a red flag.  I'm assuming you had no problems, all your items were delivered on time and everything appears to look like a thriving Ebay site, totally legit.  

I wish there was something I could do to help you.  There's another thread on this forum that's similar to yours.  This person was selling shelf pull and overstock from like Qvc, Jtv, etc. We used to get QVC overstock in all the time.   I realize Ebay is cracking down due to all the fraud and stolen merchandise, but this just doesn't seem to represent that scenario at all.  

If I think of anything, I'll pm you.  In the meantime, as @isokernus suggested, keep trying and don't stop until you get what you want.

I wish you Good luck. 

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

I appreciate that! It’s just crazy that I’ve been watching some YouTubers over the past couple of months, learning from them and following their tips and tricks. Yet, I get flagged down and restricted? It’s just very confusing. 

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Was the work with BBB what got your account reinstated?  I thought once permanently restricted there was no recourse and you had to wait 1-2 years for "legal review" before funds were sent to the state as lost and found.  

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Believe so, once I filed with BBB their response was a new email similar to the original, I got from eBay asking for more documents. I once again sent them in those documents requested and they would ask for more until they went silent. Only got one BBB response from them that said something along the lines of eBay has determined I can try to overturn their decision. 

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

File with BBB worse case scenario, but if you aren't able to provide all the proof they need good luck.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply