cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay "collective sellers"... who don't follow any of the rules???

What is THAT all about?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Pardon my ignorance but what is a collective seller?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Me too, I'm not sure what a collective seller is. Sorry.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but what is a collective seller?

I dont know either. Must be one of those "power seller" terms.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 51
latest reply

That's what I'd like to know.  You find them in the art category selling important and expensive pantings.  They may be in other places too, but that is where I see them, as they are my direct competitors.

Their listings look normal, but you can't place a bid, and they direct you off site.  WEIRD stuff.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Can you share one of these listings with us?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

And then there's the guy based in Michigan (whose username can not be disclosed or YOU get banned) who somehow gets access to all the GSP items rejcected at the border by customs who relists YOUR ITEMS and even uses YOUR PHOTOS!

All this crap needs to stop!!

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

Found this old thread on the topic; but it, too, has been "closed due to age...."...LOL.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Who-are-the-new-quot-ebay-collective-quot-dealers/td-p/2620332...

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Every program that "prefers" some sellers above others needs to be rolled back, or eBay will soon implode. 

Just my two cents.

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Hmmm...

That one seller you pointed out didn't have any auctions.

At some point, if you are selling items worth thousands, it can become worthwhile the effort to pursue scam buyers across the country; also if an item is selling for say $8000 you actually need that money to buy it first (even if you plan to scam it, you still need that much money upfront). As you said, you'd have to "risk it" which when you said that it really makes me wonder in another way...

Steve Martin has been a long time favorite comedian of mine, he is very funny.

Any relations?

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

@lakefor94 @inhawaii 

I'm guessing the OP means this: 

https://www.ebay.com/b/eBay-Collective/bn_7116337831

This was launched in 2016, and I had pretty much forgotten about it. While that page is still there, I'm not too sure ebay has actually been doing much with it. Here's the 2016 Announcement:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-collective-provides-a-new-curated-experience/

Today, eBay launched a new destination, eBay Collective, an elevated shopping experience to provide interior designers and consumers with curated inventory of furniture, antiques, contemporary design and fine art. The bespoke experience has been specifically developed for eBay’s 164 million active buyers looking for sought-after products from trusted dealers and galleries. Dealers featured on the destination have been invited by eBay, and they meet eBay’s criteria to ensure a high-quality shopping experience.

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

I've been working on the scam sellers, and have been able...with much time and effort, and by finally reaching a V.P. at HQ...to have a couple of them moved.  

Don't care so much about scam buyers, as long as I get paid, and I, personally, have never had a problem with not being paid.

I don't see the need, AT ALL, for this preferred category of sellers, who, I am sure, also get preferred viewability to the rest of us.

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer lol take that to the bank it's the rule of life.  That person has about the same amount of items posted as me.  With that in mind they only have seven items posted that are cheaper than my most expensive item listed lol.  This person is obviously loaded or running a high end store.  Can't expect them to follow the same rules as us peasants lol.  Just like corporations not paying income tax, influencing government policy, etc.  Nothing we can do.  

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

eBay needs to revert back to having their searches show ALL ITEMS that apply to the entered search terms...PERIOD.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

@stevemartin60  I would suggest trying to learn more about this. It launched in 2016. ebay has a history of a lot of fanfare around launches like this, and , if it doesn't meet expectations, ebay let's things quietly die or at best, go into a kind of ebay limbo. This might still be an active thing, heavily supported by ebay, but I suspect ebay has little if any active role in this anymore....the landing page I provided is probably a zombie page....

Try Googling "ebay collective"....

Message 15 of 51
latest reply