cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are the new "ebay collective" dealers?

Just been perusing sterling silver listings and have come across a "badge" or sorts that says "ebay collective dealer'.  clicking on the link takes one to an ebay store, complete with phone number contact information.  What I have noticed the "sellers" that display this badge sell very high end items in the multi thousands of dollar range. Martele sterling at 10k$ a dish????  Do they get a pass from the ebay marketplace for phony SNAD/empty box returns????   Why not just sell your 36K$ items at a reputable auction? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@ittybitnot wrote:

Why not just sell your 36K$ items at a reputable auction? 

'Cause eBay probably thinks they should give Christie's and Sotheby's a run for their money just like they thought they should do with Amazon...   Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay doesn't have any dealers, just customers. Wheather it's an individual listing or someone paying for a store sellers are paying for a service, Ebay's only service, which is selling advertising space.

Personally I would never list a high dollar item on this platform with the current policies that Ebay has in place.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Personally I would never list a high dollar item on this platform with the current policies that Ebay has in place.

Most people would not, for he reasons we all know.  That is why I was thinking thses "collective" members get some sort of protection from the typical fraud............

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Well, most likely the same as the "live auction" folks. They get to sell "as is" and refuse to take PayPal and buyer arranges shipping.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I'm wondering about this "eBay collective dealers" as well. How eBay can take on a competing gallery of mine with 208 Feedbacks, give them better product placement the my products and I have nearly 5000 feedbacks, been on eBay for 15 years, with over 11,000 transactions, and have sold $3,904,179.13 worth of curated fine art? I want my "eBay collective dealer" badge.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@american_design_ltd, dunno, except it's a curated "site" eBay launched last fall with 21 hand-picked dealers.

See: https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/17/ebays-new-high-end-furniture-shop-ebay-collective-includes-a-visua...

However, it appears some/most of these dealers were identified/invited to join as a result of past eBay selling.  See the last two paragraphs in this article: https://www.antiquesandthearts.com/qa-jill-ramsey/ for info.

The woman interviewed in the article appears to be the "point person" for this new portal.  You might want to see if you can get in touch with her directly to express your interest.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@livadiaThank you for the reply!  My Apologies for not thank you earlier.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I only just noticed this many months later. Never got any info about it. Not advertised? Good luck competing with Sotheby's. eBay has turned into a dump compared to what it was 10 years ago. lol
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It's beyond sad. I am sorry this has happened to you. This company is downright uncaring in a way words cannot say. It's outright wrong!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I've only noticed them lately, when Ebay splashed them on the welcome page.

Very interesting.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Reminded me of Sotheby's.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@wifetrained wrote:

Ebay doesn't have any dealers, just customers. Wheather it's an individual listing or someone paying for a store sellers are paying for a service, Ebay's only service, which is selling advertising space.

Nor would I advise someone to sell a super high end item here because they wont get the price they hope for at this big grandaddy of all yard sales, IF it sells at all.  Buyers may not buy because they just wont risk big money for a remote sale on what "claims" to be an antique or rare collectible.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

You should contact NY Elizabeth Auction which deals with luxury art.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply