cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is going to guarantee my delivery times.

Just received this email message.  Maybe I'll get a sale from itSmiley Frustrated

We’re contacting you today to share the exciting news that you have earned a spot in eBay Guaranteed Delivery because of your consistent on-time handling performance. Between May 1 and May 31, your listings that already meet Guaranteed Delivery requirements will feature a guaranteed delivery date backed by eBay. We’ll contact you again in May once this change takes place.

As you may know, eBay Guaranteed Delivery is the program that lifts listing visibility and sales potential by allowing buyers to filter for listings guaranteed to arrive in three days or less.

To learn more about eBay Guaranteed Delivery and how it benefits all eBay customers, visit Seller Center and register for the live eBay Guaranteed Delivery webinar, March 28.

No Action Required
You don’t need to do anything to take advantage of your new status. With eBay Guaranteed Delivery, eBay guarantees the delivery dates and makes it right if a buyer ever experiences a late delivery—no matter the reason. Simply keep meeting same- and 1-day handling time on the listings you’ve set those times for.

Opt Out Any Time
We want you to know you’re always in control of how you sell. To remove yourself from the program at any time, visit Site Preferences, select eBay Guaranteed Delivery Setting, and click “I want to opt out of eBay Guaranteed Delivery.”

Thank you for your consistent on-time handling and thank you, as always, for selling on eBay.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: eBay is going to guarantee my delivery times.

I have a feeling this is yet another inept eBay program rollout as at least one of the IDS I got this on in no way meet the criteria for GD. They both have 2 day handling and 14 day returns for one thing, and one of them does NOT have IPR at ALL (due to the eBay forced IPR that overrode MY settings and stopped me combining).

Pretty sure they're sending them out as a mass mailing.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 46 of 72
latest reply

Yes  received the email as well, I am in Texas and I can not Guarantee Delivery times EVER. Shipping is so messed up here in N. Houston I would never..

Here is how you opt out when they start it. Then it will or should show up!

To Opt Out, Go To:
"Account Settings"
On The Left, click on "Site Preferences"

Find eBay Guaranteed Delivery Setting

click "show"

Then  "edit" next to:

Offer eBay Guaranteed Delivery

It'll take you to the Guaranteed  page and you select "opt out"

Message 47 of 72
latest reply

I also received this notice.

I went to check the site preference and did not see an "opt out" section.

Then I check my listings and now they show delivery in 3 days.

It should be handling of 3 days.  I went to do a bulk listing to edit handling time and it WILL NOT change. Still shows that it will be delivered by such and such a date (within 3 days).

Check a friends listing and hers shows that it will be shipped out in 3 days.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr    I believe they initiated it.

Message 48 of 72
latest reply

I did another check on my listings and they show delivery in 3 days.

I went in to revise the listings and it shows that I have 3 day handling time.

Hmmmm
Message 49 of 72
latest reply

I got this email as well.

It's about time too.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 50 of 72
latest reply

@mrs_b*s_collectibles_and_morewrote:

Hi,

I got the same email. I'm trying to find where to opt out. I went to site preferences and clicked 'show' for each item(ie. Payment from Buyers, Shipping Preferences, etc) and nothing says 'eBay Guaranteed Delivery'.

What am I missing?

Thanks much,

Joanne

I can't find the opt out either (or any mention of "ebay guaranteed delivery") - I've spent about all the time I want to on this.  Sheesh, ebay ...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 51 of 72
latest reply

It doesn't start until May. The opt-out will be available then, I assume.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 52 of 72
latest reply

@policequiltswrote:

Hmmmm

Try logging out of your account, or enter a different zip to see if that changes things.

You are seeing delivery to your own zip, and that time is based on your actual "historical" handling/shipping time, and not what you have in your listings.

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

What's the bet that once you opt out you will find it ONLY applies to future listings and you will STILL have to go back and edit every one of your listings they put into the GD program.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 54 of 72
latest reply

@policequiltswrote:

Hmmmm

Do you normally ship faster than the 3 day handling time? I'm concerned if they are opting sellers into this program when that seller's handling time doesn't even meet the Guaranteed Shipping Program handling time of same day or 1 day.

Message 55 of 72
latest reply

I ship almost everything first class.  There is no way it is always going to arrive just as fast as priority mail.  Why would eBay do this?  It is a fake guarantee and very misleading.  But then I feel like if you don't agree your listings will never be seen.

Message 56 of 72
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
I have a feeling this is yet another inept eBay program rollout as at least one of the IDS I got this on in no way meet the criteria for GD. They both have 2 day handling and 14 day returns for one thing, and one of them does NOT have IPR at ALL (due to the eBay forced IPR that overrode MY settings and stopped me combining).

Pretty sure they're sending them out as a mass mailing.

Maybe it's like that recent 25% off fvf promo that went out to everyone by mistake.  Someone has fat fingers.

Message 57 of 72
latest reply

Message 58 of 72
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:

What's the bet that once you opt out you will find it ONLY applies to future listings and you will STILL have to go back and edit every one of your listings they put into the GD program.

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

@readabouthorseswrote:

@policequiltswrote:

Hmmmm

Do you normally ship faster than the 3 day handling time? I'm concerned if they are opting sellers into this program when that seller's handling time doesn't even meet the Guaranteed Shipping Program handling time of same day or 1 day.

I'm thinking that too, I bet they're just adding for everyone. 

Message 60 of 72
latest reply