cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has the worst customer relations I have ever seen

So, I've been an eBay customer for 24 years. And by customer, I mean I've been selling for 24 years and have paid literally millions of dollars to eBay in the form of fees over the years. Last year my eBay revenue was $4.7 million.

So why then, when I messaged my account manager today, did I get an auto-reply email informing my that my category (musical instruments) is no longer managed, my account manager was no longer employed by eBay, and that I was now unsupported?

eBay seriously, what the hell is wrong  with you? How can you have so little respect for the sellers that have made your site successful? 

Do you seriously just want to sell sneakers, Rolexes and Magic the Gathering cards? Because that's where you're headed.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@themightyquinnbrassandwinds wrote:

So, I've been an eBay customer for 24 years. And by customer, I mean I've been selling for 24 years and have paid literally millions of dollars to eBay in the form of fees over the years. Last year my eBay revenue was $4.7 million.

So why then, when I messaged my account manager today, did I get an auto-reply email informing my that my category (musical instruments) is no longer managed, my account manager was no longer employed by eBay, and that I was now unsupported?

eBay seriously, what the hell is wrong  with you? How can you have so little respect for the sellers that have made your site successful? 

Do you seriously just want to sell sneakers, Rolexes and Magic the Gathering cards? Because that's where you're headed.

And A-feaking AMEN TO THAT. Thanks for your post, if they do not listen to sellers like you we are all doomed. They stake their future in The Vault for collectible cards. Its a hobby, collectors want their cards. Game players want the vault. Gimmicks lose in the end.  

Thanks again.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

This one is already getting heated... LOL

Oh and to the OP:

please keep up with the times;  is what ebay wants you to do.....

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

So are you advising me to go into Magic The Gathering cards? Great plan.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So are you advising me to go into Magic The Gathering cards? Great plan.

I think he was saying that sarcastically, and is actually in agreement with you about where eBay is headed.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I think what the OP meant to say was...

"Thank you ebay for 4.7 million in  sales."

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thanks-sarcasm can be hard to parse on the internet, especially when I'm **bleep** off.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

"Do you seriously just want to sell sneakers, Rolexes and Magic the Gathering cards? Because that's where you're headed."

Sadly yes this is where they are wanting to go with the platform, from the announcement they posted about the shareholders meeting.

"What’s Ahead  

Finally, we announced our intention to scale our focus categories to cover at least 50% of the site in the next three years."

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

No, that wasn't what I intended to say at all. My sales on eBay are consistently the lowest margin of any part of my business, and eBay has been mishandling this category for years.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

...  Do you [eBay] seriously just want to sell sneakers, Rolexes and Magic the Gathering cards? Because that's where you're headed.

Well, I go back and forth in my own mind, but I will admit that I sometimes feel that, yes, eBay has decided to focus on stupidly expensive "designer" (still mass-marketed and still mass-produced in China, mind you, but "designer) stuff and on trading cards.  I do sometimes feel that, yes, eBay is now using the bulk of its resources on those things, and devil take the hindmost.

I'd like to be wrong, since those are not my areas of interest (selling or buying).  Happily, I'm just about done with sales here;  maybe another year and the last of the inventory, which is not being replaced, will be gone.

-

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

quinnthe eskimo.  Yours is a very good question. Rightly, so.  Your site makes you what should be a very valued seller/customer of Ebay.   There is a strong feeling among sellers that getting someone at Ebay to help is difficult.  

The only way I get in touch when I have an issue, is through FB Ebay for Business. I don't know why. But, great service there. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Customer service or personal account manager? Having an eBay personal account manager, is something new to me. Guess only higher volume sellers had one. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

In principle I agree-regrettably I'm not at a point where I can easily unwind and I don't want to lay off all my employees.

So I'm just investing more in building my own website and my relationship with Reverb (both of which are going well) and just trying to make eBay less relevant to my business.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

ZERO customer service if the issue is not a simple/common situation that can be solved through their automated, 3-ring, run around circus.  I am a low volume seller/buyer and I've only had one issue that was very difficult to resolve.  But it's not reolved yet and I'm going to cease using their platform as both buyer and seller because it's been so exceedingly hard to communicate with Ebay.   They are so damned deceitful about making you think you're FINALLY on the verge of getting to communicate with a live agent, only to ONCE AGAIN refer you to help articles and cut you off.   

Ebay, your platform is, or WAS, a great idea in many ways.   But your customer service ethics are the rudest, most arrogant, scammy, and fraudulent of any business I have ever used or even HEARD of.    YOU S U C K!   BIGTIME!  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply