cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has demanded every tracking number from ever item I’ve ever sold

Well this is a frustrating post.

Recently, eBay restricted my account after I sold an item stating I may have placed customers at risk. After having to call eBay to understand what I need to do, the rep tells me to just ship the item and message them the tracking number. I bought the label from eBay so this should be easy right? No

USPS tells me the QR code is unusable, possibly because the profile is restricted. So I buy a new label to ship the item but eBay will not allow me to edit the tracking number. As this is happening, eBay emails me asking for EVERY tracking number for EVERY item I’ve ever sold. Btw, I’ve sold since 2015 with 100% positive feedback.

I try to filter my sold list but I cannot pull every tracking number for my listings. I call eBay, the rep tells me “yes, the site will not show you every tracking number for every product you’ve sold” also, when I asked him how I can complete their request he says “unfortunately I cannot answer that for you, if you cannot provide every tracking number we will permanently close your account”.

I’m livid. My account was hacked in 2022, a profile was linked to mine and has frauded customers. I didn’t find this out until I called eBay myself and they investigated. They rectified that issue but now it seems like they’re punishing me for no reason. 

I’ve always done right by every customer and I feel like there’s no way to fix this issue.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@chronify_watch 

Sorry for your situation.  Unfortunately none of us here can offer any help concerning your restriction.  From looking at your prior sales as a new seller, you started selling very expensive items right off the bat.  This will raise big time red flags where eBay is concerned because as a new seller you are under eBays radar.  Do you have a receipt for the $5700 watch you sold? No offense to you personally, but eBay is cracking down on suspicious listings that may be either fraudulent or could be stolen.  The law is leaning on eBay to clean up this site, as it is saturated stolen merchandise.  They don't want any repercussions that could cause a BBE to their buyers.  (Bad Buyer Experience)

Get the invoices for both of those watches as to where you sourced them from and give them to eBay.  They may take a while to get back to you, but they will get back to you.  Do not attempt to create another account, as that one will be flagged and shut down as well.  Hang in there.  

Good luck to you!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@chronify_watch 

Sorry for your situation.  Unfortunately none of us here can offer any help concerning your restriction.  From looking at your prior sales as a new seller, you started selling very expensive items right off the bat.  This will raise big time red flags where eBay is concerned because as a new seller you are under eBays radar.  Do you have a receipt for the $5700 watch you sold? No offense to you personally, but eBay is cracking down on suspicious listings that may be either fraudulent or could be stolen.  The law is leaning on eBay to clean up this site, as it is saturated stolen merchandise.  They don't want any repercussions that could cause a BBE to their buyers.  (Bad Buyer Experience)

Get the invoices for both of those watches as to where you sourced them from and give them to eBay.  They may take a while to get back to you, but they will get back to you.  Do not attempt to create another account, as that one will be flagged and shut down as well.  Hang in there.  

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's a good idea to keep copies of your shipping labels, you never know when you'll need them.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I appreciate the info, thanks! Yes, I purchased the item myself so I have all receipts. Hopefully this can be resolved. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I definitely will from now on. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@chronify_watch 

That's great!  Hopefully you'll be re instated soon and congrats on your 2 awesome sales!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm not sure what eBay is going to do with a bunch of old tracking numbers - they can't be verified after...what...120 days? Do they just want some kind of existential verification? 🙄

Regardless, I hope you get this straightened out!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Please tell me you did not ship the $5700 watch? Is this the item CS told you to ship? If so, I would intercept it NOW and have it sent back to you, because I can tell you right now you are not going to see that money for years. Yes, some people have had the restrictions removed, but most times when eBay asks you for every tracking, it usually leads to a permanent ban. If you get the item back, cancel the sale. Sell it elsewhere. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

Please tell me you did not ship the $5700 watch? Is this the item CS told you to ship? If so, I would intercept it NOW and have it sent back to you, because I can tell you right now you are not going to see that money for years. Yes, some people have had the restrictions removed, but most times when eBay asks you for every tracking, it usually leads to a permanent ban. If you get the item back, cancel the sale. Sell it elsewhere. 

That was my 1st thought as well. If you have not shipped, don't.  Intercept now if you have and cancel the sale when you get the item back.

It is way to risky to end up in verification purgatory for no telling how long.

This is not the place for brand new sellers to peddle $5700 items. Sellers have to have a well established track record to pull this off in this day and age. And even then, risk lurks.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Interesting.... I have never thought of that or had the need, but I am always looking to protect my business. I am going to start making a PDF after printing the label. It may add a little work, but I believe that's a great idea.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply