cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay changing prices in my drafts?

The past few months I've had a problem -- seems like eBay repeatedly changes the prices I've saved in my drafts. I tend to write a number of drafts for the stuff I have to list, then take photos of everything on my phone, upload photos from my phone, then go back in with my laptop to double check everything before posting the listings.  At first I thought I was imagining price changes, but it kept happening.

Tonight I'd saved a draft for a pre-owned Tommy Bahama shirt listing and entered a buy it now flat price of 23.99.  Same shirt, same pattern, 100% silk had sold for $29 not long ago- so even though the trending price is $18 for Tommy Bahama shirts in general, I figured I could take a shot at 23.99 since this particular shirt had sold for more recently.

Well an hour or so later I finish taking photos of a few items, including this shirt, I upload photos from my phone to the draft and what do I see?  The price has been changed to $18.  Just so happens that's the trending price of Tommy Bahama shirts- and the price eBay suggested to me originally- but that's NOT the price I'd put in.

I've been a customer since 2010 and have been selling here since 2014- (I also spent 2 years posting eBay listings for a thrift store on a different account)- and this has NEVER happened to me until these last few months. 

This has added to the amount of time it takes me to list an item because I have to keep going back and researching prices over and over. So infuriating and such a waste of my time.

Anybody else have this problem? Or am I crazy?

I need to start screenshotting my drafts so I'll have proof.

Thanks y'all and good luck out there.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: eBay changing prices in my drafts?

Hello, Just a quick update. I did start using a newer phone and since then the problem seems to have stopped. I know someone mentioned this in a previous post but I wanted to add my experience. I had been using an older iPhone 6 or 7 that I had laying around my office to take the photos with. I upgraded to a newer iPhone 11. Prior to switching to the new phone I had gotten in the habit of keeping a role of painters tape at my desk. I would write down the list price that I was putting on the listing and that way I could double check when I went to photograph and make the listing live. I am still doing this even though I have not had the pricing change on me. It only takes me a second to jot down the price real quick. Wishing you all a successful year! 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

This has just started happening to me over the past few days of listing.  I typically list around 5 items per day...so I know the pricing that I come up with.  I sell used clothing in the $20 to $40 price range.  I have had several items that I listed for 24.95 end up listing as $15 or $10.  A shirt I listed yesterday that was drafted for 24.95 sold this morning for $10.  **bleep**!!!  Ebay's crap algorithm for suggested prices is almost never right because it cannot take into account condition or desirability of size, pattern, color, features etc.  This specific shirt would have sold for $18+ with no issues.  

I also draft on my desktop pc but list through my iPhone once it get pictures taken.  I have a "newish" iPhone 13...so cannot imagine that is an issue.  I will need to check if the setting for auto pricing is on but it is not something I would have changed or agreed to.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply