cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay changing prices in my drafts?

The past few months I've had a problem -- seems like eBay repeatedly changes the prices I've saved in my drafts. I tend to write a number of drafts for the stuff I have to list, then take photos of everything on my phone, upload photos from my phone, then go back in with my laptop to double check everything before posting the listings.  At first I thought I was imagining price changes, but it kept happening.

Tonight I'd saved a draft for a pre-owned Tommy Bahama shirt listing and entered a buy it now flat price of 23.99.  Same shirt, same pattern, 100% silk had sold for $29 not long ago- so even though the trending price is $18 for Tommy Bahama shirts in general, I figured I could take a shot at 23.99 since this particular shirt had sold for more recently.

Well an hour or so later I finish taking photos of a few items, including this shirt, I upload photos from my phone to the draft and what do I see?  The price has been changed to $18.  Just so happens that's the trending price of Tommy Bahama shirts- and the price eBay suggested to me originally- but that's NOT the price I'd put in.

I've been a customer since 2010 and have been selling here since 2014- (I also spent 2 years posting eBay listings for a thrift store on a different account)- and this has NEVER happened to me until these last few months. 

This has added to the amount of time it takes me to list an item because I have to keep going back and researching prices over and over. So infuriating and such a waste of my time.

Anybody else have this problem? Or am I crazy?

I need to start screenshotting my drafts so I'll have proof.

Thanks y'all and good luck out there.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

My best guess is that it's something happening within the app.

I suggest taking screenshots after saving the draft the first time, then again after editing it from the app. Go to eBay CS on social media (Facebook or Twitter) because it's easy to upload images there. This is the kind of problem that's best reported with visual proof.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

That is really odd.

Are you using a "template" to list and save your "drafts" from?  I would try that and see if that resolves this issue.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I'm going to do that, moving forward.  You're right it does sound possible might have something to do with app as it seems to happen when switching between phone and laptop when working on drafts. Will update when and if it happens again.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't use a template. I'll look into that and try to see if that's doable. First I'm going to screenshot drafts as I've been doing on phone and on laptop - it's seemed an intermittent but definitely repeating problem so if I'm NOT making some dumb obvious error that's causing this,  I'll at least be able to give eBay a heads up about a possible glitch with some visual proof- at which point I'll look into templates to see if that helps. Good idea.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

And thank you for the suggestion!

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Happening to me as well. I follow the same process...create the draft on my macbook and then upload photos from my iphone. I save the draft again and 1 day later most if not all of my prices have changed. Extremely frustrating. Now I have to go back and reserach prices again.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Happening to me too.  I have 25 records in draft and now need to research pricing on all of them again.  A total waste of time. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

The exact same thing is happening to me. I set everything up then add photos from my phone and sometimes I go back to my laptop… sometimes I don’t. If I place on sale from my phone and look back the price has changed automatically. Is there a setting I’m missing that automatically sets the price based on previous sales?  I’ve been on eBay for awhile and have over 2000 listings. I know how to list but this is WRONG!!!! I should be able to set my own prices and if I forget to check and it sells for lower than what I wanted what recourse do I have?  

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I feel for you- with 2000 listings I'm sure the volume you upload at once at times makes this problem a real time waster for you!  I'm swamped with work right now but finally screenshotted an example of this as I was writing new listings.  Going to try to get it to tech support at eBay somehow when I have more time, hopefully in the next week or so.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I have been having the same problem for the last month or two. I have probably had it happen 15-20 times over the past month out of probably about 200-250 new listings. I also create the listing and save to drafts and then photograph and assign a location into my inventory. At first I thought I had made a mistake but it has kept happening. I called eBay and they did not know about any problems on their end. It is very frustrating because it adds a lot of time to go back and double check pricing. I feel that I am really only catching it on the drastic changes. I had a motorcycle sound system that should have been listed for over $900 go to $156. I have had tools that should have a price around $50 change to around $10.  Hopefully this can be fixed. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

This keeps happening to us as well.  Very frustrating, and as previous message states, if you don't double check before listing it keeps the last ebay made price change.  Always strange numbers too.. ending in .40 or something like that.  This  happens within 2 minutes  (drafting, going to phone to take photos and upload, then reopen draft on computer to complete listing).  Was hoping someone here had found the answer, or change in settings that perhaps is needed.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hey @thriftmerchant. This is very common when someone is using an older version of the app. Older versions are not supported and glitches like the price change are common.

Does the phone you're using support upgrading to the latest version of the app? If not, you will keep running into this problem.

Mods tend to lock older threads, so I suggest starting a new thread if you need more help than this post provides.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey @thriftmerchant. This is very common when someone is using an older version of the app. Older versions are not supported and glitches like the price change are common.

Does the phone you're using support upgrading to the latest version of the app? If not, you will keep running into this problem.

Mods tend to lock older threads, so I suggest starting a new thread if you need more help than this post provides.

One additional note to what I wrote above @thriftmerchant and @yooperdeals - if you're not using the app, then you should make sure the price prefill setting is not turned on the website listing form:

priceprefill.png

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I am having a similar issue and suspect it to be a flaw in Autofill Prcing (which is the now current term for Price Prefil, yes?)

Message 15 of 18
latest reply