cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay buyer

Hello im have a lot of trouble with one buyer. i have blocked him on another account after we could not agree on something he gave me negative feedback so i told him that's fine and that ill just block him. he then went on another account bought things from me and has returned everything. What can i do, can he be banned for something like this? he left me over 4 negative feedbacks. like i said i didnt know it was him till i took a look at are first interaction. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

eBay buyer

one of the negative feedbacks was the problem buyers other account. like i said i had blocked him after the first negative feedback. i also sent him better pics most people always ask for better pics which he did 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

i blocked his first account he then made another account wrote me and then did this. if you look at my first negative feedback thats him 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

Well, here are my thoughts. I don't know what buyer would spend almost $200 on comics books with the intentions of sending them back JUST to give you negative feedback. That's a pretty serious investment just to stick a seller with negative feedback. And you want us to think they sat around six months plotting it? 

It seems in reference to the old, first neg you got, you failed to complete the sale. I doubt they had any real thoughts about it. Likely don't have/use that account, since there was only ONE feedback. I think you both had the bad luck of running into each other again. 

But I also think, you are not describing your wares well enough either. The three negs you got were because of damage that was not noted. Sellers here have a tendency to think they do no wrong, describe everything perfectly, and think buyers should just be satisfied because the seller said so. I get no one wants bad feedback, but sometimes it's a buyers only way to communicate displeasure with the sale. eBay does "protect" many sellers who screw up, and that's no service to buyers. 

Did you screw up? I don't know. But I would tend to believe it when you come out acting like this buyer was plotting "revenge" on you for something that happened 6 months ago. It's highly unlikely and sounds too "conspiracy theory" to me. It's entirely possible damage happened in shipping if you did not pack well enough. 

Sellers who do not take this stuff in stride tell on themselves. If you are all worked up about this, that tells me that you probably did something wrong and just don't want to own it. I find it hard to sympathize with many of these seller cases, when sellers won't own their mistakes, they just want to blame everyone else. eBay has gotten terrible about they way they treat both buyers AND sellers. I think buyers should just go straight to CC chargebacks and avoid using the eBay system anymore. It takes eBay out of the equation and makes sellers either do better or leave. No one will agree with that, but no one will agree that lots of sellers are a problem here too. You can't complain about buyers when your platform is littered with bad sellers either. 

It used to be a real rarity to run into bad sellers, now it's way too common. Not saying the OP is a horrible seller, but it's obvious to me there is way more to this story then we are being told. I've been here a long time. Both as a buyer and a seller. I have NEVER in all the years here, experienced as many bad sellers then I have in the last 6 months.  Hence the no sympathy for many of these threads. 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@gagnon234 wrote:

Go to your Seller Hub and find the transactions. Under "actions" there is a Report Buyer choice.

Do that on both buyers and in the description, state both IDs they used when you explain the problem. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

It was not six months ago this happened in November, then the other account wrote me a week later. Then he asked me to hold a comic which I did. I gave him a partial refund on the first return no hassle. Second return I gave him full refund third return I said no and then he went crazy with the negative feedback. Like I said I was wrong the first time so I blocked him. He then wrote me on this second account. This was not six months only a week 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

Out of my 12 years of selling this is my first time ever dealing with this kind of thing. Most buyer that want a refund I’m ok with I don’t mess around. But this guy did it three times. And the comic was fine as I was able to resell it quick 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@rickywhat wrote:

It was not six months ago this happened in November, then the other account wrote me a week later. Then he asked me to hold a comic which I did. I gave him a partial refund on the first return no hassle. Second return I gave him full refund third return I said no and then he went crazy with the negative feedback. Like I said I was wrong the first time so I blocked him. He then wrote me on this second account. This was not six months only a week 

That's not true at all. We can all see your feedback and when it was left. If you are going to say things that are not true, and can be seen by anyone looking at your feedback, then the rest of your story likely is not true either. Your oldest Neg and the newest are far more than a week apart. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

I went back through your feedback and looked at the oldest neg (nov 2) and your newest negs (dec 18). That's 6 weeks apart. 

That is not a week, and your story is just not believable. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

@rickywhat wrote:

he got his money back asap i sent his money within the first 2 days. read it slowly please. he got a refund 

What? @soh.maryl  needs to read it slowly, so she will better understand? Perhaps one needs to read slowly the negative feedback complaining the OP did not ship the buyer’s items. Instead the OP cancelled the transaction and refunded. Aww, then insists that should fix things?

This attitude of  “yes, but i refunded” completely misses the point. Just because one refunds the buyer, it does not erase the buyer’s anger and disappointment. And what of the problem(s) created when a seller suddenly cancels a sale and fails to ship a buyer’s item that they purchased in good faith?

This gives us all a black eye because it lets the buyer down, wastes the buyer’s time and effort, creates disappointment and bad buying experiences. This is a selling failure, not the only one the OP has, apparently . Granted, sometimes cancellations cannot be helped, but regardless of the reason, it hurts the platform and loses us customers we cannot afford to lose.

I am not referring to the issues with the blocked buyer, though those may be unclear where fault may lie. I am referring to the other negs, and an insult leveled at another poster who asked (not in a challenging manner) a simple pertinent question. This after she agreed with the OP that the multiple negs may have unfairly hurt his feedback. If the OP thinks that is ok, perhaps @farmalljr postulates correctly in his outlook.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

eBay buyer

I said he wrote me a week later on this other account. He then asked me to hold which I did, he then bought more comics that’s when he started doing this. Like I said I admit I messed up but he then went on a second account and started doing this. Nov 2nd is when the item was bought. He left negative feedback in mid nov. the wrote me on another account the next week asking me to hold things. Why would I like I admitted that I really did mess up with one buyer on not shipping his things refunded him immediately. That one I did deserve negative feedback and even the first one before that. But I blocked him after he went on a second account and did this.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply