cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay and PayPal's seller protection is a joke

kahuna-moon
Adventurer

Oct 1:  I received the standard EBay notice saying my item has sold and been paid for and I should ship it

Oct 3:  I shipped the item via Parcel Select (per buyer’s instructions) through the USPS at a cost of $41.25

Oct 10:  Item is delivered to buyer, buyer requests a return stating:  “I never ordered this item - I was only viewing it - not sure how it got ordered i will be declining it“. I declined the return because I don’t accept returns, I didn’t think the buyer would want to pay return shipping and EBay said I was within my rights to do so.  Also I don’t believe it is possible to buy something “by accident” on EBay; one must click the buy it now button and go through the checkout/payment process.  EBay closed the return case

Oct 22: Buyer opened a case with PayPal

Oct 30:  Package arrived back at my home marked “Refused, Return to sender” with $41.25 postage due.  I called PayPal to protest; the rep said we will refund half your return postage and this case will be closed in your favor in a day or 2.  I asked him to repeat that and he did so.

Oct 31:  I received the promised $21 credit for partial refund of return postage

Nov 2:  I received a notice from PayPal that the case has been decided in the buyer’s favor, she is getting a full refund and there is also a charge back fee of $20 levied against me.  I spent well over an hour on the phone with EBay and PayPal trying to get some redress for this grievance to no avail. 

I am out of pocket $81.50 (41.25 initial postage plus 41.25 return postage plus 20.00 chargeback fee less the 21.00 credit from PayPal for half the return postage) for something that was in no way my fault.  I complied with all EBay and PayPal rules and should be covered by EBay &/or PayPal seller protection.  I am the innocent party in this transaction. She must have done something to initiate this order whether she realized it or not.  Had I accepted the return through EBay I don’t think it would have changed anything given that she stated when requesting the return that she would be “declining” delivery for the item.  I believe this buyer to be in violation of EBay return policies but EBay declines to do anything about it.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay and PayPal's seller protection is a joke

@wugglesinc1 wrote:

A MIRACLE HAS OCCURRED!  Paypal executive office called me and gave me a credit for the amount they refunded the customer:  Orig purchase price plus orig shipping.  Sometimes it pays to be a squeaky wheel.  I still can't believe it!

Congratulations!

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

eBay is too chicken sh*t to do anything that could "hurt" the "buyers" and therefore, sellers are only one that eBay can bully.  Compared with the Amazon's seller protection, eBay's is a Joke.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I agree. Ebay does nothing to protect or support sellers anymore. This boggles my mind because it is the sellers who drive this auction site.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Yes, seller's protection is BIIIIGGGGG joke.

Buyer lost case against me and was closed but went to Paypal to open an case against me. Call Ebay and ebay said its out of their hands now....**bleep**. So its just pushing the responsibilities to another company and seller spending another hour of their lives on the phone.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply