cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Return Flow - No place to mark a return Received?!?

I seem to recall there was a place to mark a Returned item "Received" but it is not on the Return details in either Seller Hub, the Classic My eBay Returns or via the Resolution Center link.  I received an item back today, want to mark it received and then Refund the Buyer ... I even tried clicking the "Refund the Buyer" link but it does NOT provide any place to mark the item received ... I KNOW I saw this choice on a return on another ID here just last week ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I get plenty of returns and do not really worry about that.I figure that when I refund whoever needs to know will figure out that it was returned.I get the refund done before my mailman is back to his truck,it is always marked as enroute when I go to close it out or refund,I think it says somethig like, if you want,you can refund now,that is my  button to look for

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No worries @mr_lincoln eBay has already had you marked

https://community.ebay.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/607457i40447541ED4EBED2

if you take too long to issue the refund.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to recall there was a place to mark a Returned item "Received" but it is not on the Return details in either Seller Hub, the Classic My eBay Returns or via the Resolution Center link.  I received an item back today, want to mark it received and then Refund the Buyer ... I even tried clicking the "Refund the Buyer" link but it does NOT provide any place to mark the item received ... I KNOW I saw this choice on a return on another ID here just last week ...

Hi @mr_lincoln, the option to mark the item as received is available in some instances, but I want to confirm that if you are ready to issue a refund there isn't a reason to also mark the item as received. Marking the return as received does not offer any specific protections or impact the refund process. The return will be recorded as received on your end once the tracking information updates to show return delivery, but you are welcome to issue a refund once you receive the item back even if the return request hasn't updated quite yet. You can refund directly from the case, select the appropriate refund amount, and add a comment or photo as you see fit. Once submitted the refund will process, appropriate fees will be credited, and the return will close once the refund has completed.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@Anonymous   Thanks for dropping in on the thread and providing that information.  I'll just refund as the next step ...

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It would be nice if eBay could help account for details over what they allow.  I keep them records in my accounting.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Not doubting that you have seen it, but I have never seen the option to mark that the item was received on the few returns that we have had.  eBay lags behind with the tracking.  To preclude an escalation by a buyer I refund when I get the item.

As trinton posted, the refund can be done before tracking catches up.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Not doubting that you have seen it, but I have never seen the option to mark that the item was received on the few returns that we have had.  eBay lags behind with the tracking.  To preclude an escalation by a buyer I refund when I get the item.

As trinton posted, the refund can be done before tracking catches up.

Yes it's strange ... I walked my wife through a return that had that choice as well as some friends over the phone ... the wife's was NOT a Free Returns item but the friends return was ... I've had that choice on a few of my returns ... no telling what triggers that particular flow to allow a return to be marked received ...

Regards,
Message 8 of 8
latest reply