cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Promoted Funkoween Presale Violations

tyler@ebay  brian@ebay brittanie@ebay 

Why is eBay actively promoting a Funko Pop Funkoween event where most listings are in violation of eBay's Presale Policies?

These are just a few examples but many of the 400+ listings eBay has included here don't follow the rules.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252 

https://www.ebay.com/e/artscollectibles/funkoween-2021 

funko.jpg

funkoweenpage1-1.jpg

funkoween3-1.jpg

funkoween1-1.jpg

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Great post. I'm interested to see what kind of excuse they come up with for this one...

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 92
latest reply

...or if there will even be a response.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 92
latest reply

Some one did not think this one out....

Message 4 of 92
latest reply

And 'Estimated Delivery' still says:

'Delivery: Estimated on or before Thu. Jul. 15'

Wow... this is an amazing post.

Message 5 of 92
latest reply

Many of these listings are for items that won't even be released until September or October, so there's no way they are even close to the ship within 30 days requirement.

If they give any shipment time at all it is just the month, not the specific date - another violation.

And many of them don't state in the title that it is a presale - another violation.

I didn't look at all 400+ listings, but it's pretty obvious many of them don't pass even a most basic check just from glancing at titles.

Message 6 of 92
latest reply

30 days is important not just for the eBay Money Back Guarantee but the FTC also has a "30 Day Mailing Rule".

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what-do-if-youre-billed-things-you-never-got-or-you-get-unorde...

The federal Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule applies to most things you order by mail, online, or by phone. It says:

Sellers have to ship your order within the time they (or their ads) say — that goes whether they say “2-Day Shipping” or “In Stock & Ships Today.” If they don’t give a time, they must ship within 30 days of when you placed your order.

If there’s a delay shipping your order, the seller has to tell you and give you the choice of either agreeing to the delay or canceling your order for a full refund.

If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund — not just a gift card or store credit.

Those buyers are  going to be pretty unhappy when eBay tells them they don't qualify for the MBG. ☹️

Message 7 of 92
latest reply

Unrelated note here. What is this and where can I get it?

image_2021-06-01_161254.png

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 8 of 92
latest reply

@whattheactualfox wrote:

Unrelated note here. What is this and where can I get it?

image_2021-06-01_161254.png

@whattheactualfox 

I don't know that I would buy from this site but a google image search gave me this link which has the info on that specific creature..

https://www.blackfire.eu/product.php?id=64359 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 92
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

Because the seller has to chose a handling time, and he must have chosen 30 days which is the longest option.

Message 10 of 92
latest reply

Why?

Can't you guess?  Perhaps someone paid them big bucks to advertise.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 92
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@rosszonebricks wrote:

Because the seller has to chose a handling time, and he must have chosen 30 days which is the longest option.

Right, but that's exactly the point isn't it?  of why pre-orders can't be done for *longer* than 30 days out according to eBay rules, which these listings all seem to be in violation of?

This is begging for a INR case at best.

At worse, was an experience I had with a listing like this.  They hit the date required to 'ship' and they shipped me a freakin' Tootsie Roll.    So clearly that instantly became a SNAD.

Message 12 of 92
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@rosszonebricks wrote:

Right, but that's exactly the point isn't it?  of why pre-orders can't be done for *longer* than 30 days out according to eBay rules, which these listings all seem to be in violation of?

This is begging for a INR case at best.

At worse, was an experience I had with a listing like this.  They hit the date required to 'ship' and they shipped me a freakin' Tootsie Roll.    So clearly that instantly became a SNAD.

@rosszonebricks you're absolutely right.

I've seen many upset buyers come to these forums once they find out that they can't file an INR or SNAD because it is so far past the time allowed.

eBay often washes their hands of it and tells the buyer to file a chargeback or PayPal dispute instead.

However, with some of these listings stretching out to October (past 120 days) it's possible they may even be past the time to file a chargeback at that point, depending on their credit card company policies.

It's unconscionable for eBay to be promoting this when they know it's likely the buyers will be left with no protection or recourse if things don't go right.

Message 13 of 92
latest reply

Didn't eBay just get rid of the holiday catagories?

Message 14 of 92
latest reply

So the banner promotion is no longer showing on the collectibles page, but the listings are still active and so is the link directly to the "event" that I posted earlier....interesting. 🤔

Message 15 of 92
latest reply