cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay PUNISHES good sellers

When on the phone with eBay support, they claim they do not PUNISH their sellers.

Why do they have to lie right to my face?

A buyer in Thailand bought an item from me.  Including shipping it was $80+.

After 3 weeks buyer filed a claim because he did not receive it.

Despite my efforts, eBay found in his favor, deducted the money from my account, and gave my account a STRIKE!!!!!!

eBay admits that the USPS does not track packages to Thailand once it leave the US.  They admit that I shipped the same day and did EVERYTHING that eBay expected of me.  He then said "eBay does not punish its sellers."

I told him that was **bleep**.  I said I did everything right, yet you took my money and gave me a strike.  That's what you call 'not punishing?'"

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

Stupidest policy in the history or civilized business.

Highest recommendation to EVERY seller on eBay.  BLOCK EVERY COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT HAVE TRACKING BEYOND US BORDERS.  There are a lot of dishonest people out there who will use the lack of tracking to their advantage.

And remember....ebay does not punish its sellers.  They only hurt us financially and destroy out reputations and our ability to maintain Top Rated status so that we cannot take advantage of the TRS discount.  Its called strategy folks.  Welcome to eBay.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: eBay PUNISHES good sellers

If the seller printed the label on eBay and tracking works until it leaves the states eBay is party to this theft because they know the buyer got the item.

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

@auburnbiking
It's your job to understand the rules. If you don't, you cannot use that as an excuse for eBay to let you off the hook. They take no responsibility in what you do not know.

No, there are no employees are in here. Most of us are experienced eBay members. Now if you come here looking for help, you cannot get upset when we tell you the rules and the tricks of the trade, and then perceive us as being eBay cheerleaders just because we know the rules that you admittedly don't.
Message 32 of 62
latest reply

It's not tracked in Thailand, and that is stated.
Don't ship to Thailand unless the carrier can guarantee tracking.
Message 33 of 62
latest reply

Had the OP came here first prior to making the sale they wouldn't have had any problems,but most folks know all the ins and outs of ebay and don't need any help until the wheels fall off the wagon....

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

@cellcasehub wrote:

If the seller printed the label on eBay and tracking works until it leaves the states eBay is party to this theft because they know the buyer got the item.

LOL.

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

@gozhven wrote:

When on the phone with eBay support, they claim they do not PUNISH their sellers.

Why do they have to lie right to my face?

A buyer in Thailand bought an item from me.  Including shipping it was $80+.

After 3 weeks buyer filed a claim because he did not receive it.

Despite my efforts, eBay found in his favor, deducted the money from my account, and gave my account a STRIKE!!!!!!

If you had done the right thing, and refunded the buyer yourself because you couldn't prove delivery, you wouldn't have gotten the strike.

A 17-year member with 5,000+ seller feedback should know these policies backward and forward.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

@auburnbiking wrote:

I agree 100%.  

I cut and paste on my listings which got me in trouble in less than a month.  I was in error on about a half a dozen items not being careful to be sure I had corrected the prices.

So you canceled the orders so you could relist and let them buy at a lower price? Why didn't you just do a partial refund?

Let me guess: because you didn't lower the price, did you? But no one was hurt. Right. 

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

Reality is ebay had nothing to do with it it was their ugly sister paypal who accepts credit card payments from any tom dick or harry in your behalf. They know they have to take it back from a seller if not they'll have to take the chargeback. Get rid of them make them a option a seller can select at time of listing and good bye headaches......

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Reality is ebay had nothing to do with it it was their ugly sister paypal who accepts credit card payments from any tom dick or harry in your behalf. They know they have to take it back from a seller if not they'll have to take the chargeback. Get rid of them make them a option a seller can select at time of listing and good bye headaches......

How is your comment in any way relevant to a seller not being able to prove delivery?

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

OP,

You are 100% at fault.

You failed to use a shipping service with final destination tracking.

You failed to use the ebay provided GSP program which eliminates this common problem.

You failed to refund the buyer and thereby received a strike because ebay had to resolve the issue.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 40 of 62
latest reply

Take paypal out of the mix and they don't have to prove anything. Everyone knows the buyer got the item and they knew the loophole to be used to get it for free...

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Can you explain how GSP eliminates this problem ?

You mean because they exclude nations where there is no tracking ?

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

ebays GSP program seller only has to provide tracking to shipping center in Kentucky from there to destination the risk transfers to them instead of the seller...

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

Exactly. Had the OP been in the GSP, he would still have his item and his money or would have sold it to a participating country.

By shipping to countries not in the GSP or not using a full tracking service like FedEX or UPS, you run the risk of problems like exactly what happened here. 

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 44 of 62
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Everyone knows the buyer got the item

Some argumentative individuals may ASSUME the buyer must have gotten it. They have just as much proof as the seller has: zero.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply