cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open Swag, anybody get anything?

Just wondering if anyone received eBay swag from attending any of the 3 day eBay Open sessions.

If you received something, what did you get?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@atxcomp wrote:

Nope Nothing, seems eBay scammed us again.

Oh good grief !!!

Contact Ebay and find out what happened?

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@atxcomp wrote:

Nope Nothing, seems eBay scammed us again.

Did you get an email saying you were getting eBay swag? If not, then you were not one of the first 3k to fill out the surveys after Open.

If you did get the email then your package probably hasn't arrived yet.

Sign up for FedEx and you will get alerts when packages are coming to your address. eBay always uses FedEx for this stuff @atxcomp .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for the info but just checked out what their giving out, a tape measure, totes, pom poms and a scarf. Now I'm wondering Why would anyone even want this junk.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

Quite critical of items that are free to you and a couple posts back you were accusing them of "scamming" you because you had not received the items yet.

Per the email received by those that are due some items it reads as follows:

"Congratulations! Based on your participation in the daily eBay Open Surveys, you’ve earned eBay swag. Below are the items that will be coming your way, shipped to the address provided. They should arrive by the end of October / early November.

Day 1: Seller essentials toolkit
Big things come in small packages. This kit includes tools of the trade: Measuring tape, label remover, and lint brush.

Day 2: eBay totes for your packages
Sturdy bags with the space to handle even the most bulky shipments.

Day 3: eBay fandom bundle
Accessorize with a scarf and pom poms in the iconic eBay colors.

Bonus: $25 eBay Gift Card
Because you were one of the first sellers to complete all three days’ surveys, we’re tossing in an extra eBay gift card as a thank you."

If you did not receive this email it is likely you were not within the first 3,000 members to respond to the survey at the end of each day's festivities.  And you would only be eligible for the swag from the days you were among the first 3,000 responding to the survey, so you may or may not be eligible for all items.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

This thread just popped up for me again...

I received my swag for days 2 and 3.  

Then for the Winter Seller Check-In I just got an email that they are sending me holiday shipping supplies!  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

@turtles-trading-post wrote:

This thread just popped up for me again...

I received my swag for days 2 and 3.  

Then for the Winter Seller Check-In I just got an email that they are sending me holiday shipping supplies!  

@turtles-trading-post 

Just as a slight correction, they aren't "holiday" shipping supplies.  Ebay didn't do any this year as was told to us in the Seller Check in.  But they were giving us a few supplies to help us during the holiday season.  I'm grateful for any shipping supplies I don't have to buy.  

Message 36 of 36
latest reply