cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open 2023 September 25- 28

The cat is out of the bag - eBay Open will include in person eBay Studio events in Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, and Philadelphia on September 25 and the virtual event September 26-28. Registration details coming in August.

eBay Open 2023 is coming!

The largest seller event of the year is back from Sep‍tember 25–28.

Prepare yourself for a wealth of insights and trends, as well as access to eBay leadership and employees, both virtually and in person.

We’ll be getting together for our eBay Open Studios in Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, and Philadelphia on Sept‍ember 25.

You can also join us online on:

Sept‍ember 26 - eBay Open - Virtual Day 1

Sept‍ember 27 - eBay Open - Virtual Day 2

Sept‍ember 28 - eBay Open - Virtual Day 3

You’ll be able to register a day early to secure your spot at a local eBay Open Studio event and the Virtual event.

Keep an eye out for registration details this August.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay Open 2023 September 25- 28

So, the Studio events will be before the Virtual event, that's new, isn't it?

It's probably too early to know, but I assume there might also be local "watch party" events, where sellers can get together somewhere to watch the Virtual events...which allows sellers to network in person at a physical event, even if ebay is not really present.

Maybe there will be more details today at the Check In, or maybe this is as much detail as they have at this point....I guess we'll see.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

So, the Studio events will be before the Virtual event, that's new, isn't it?

It's probably too early to know, but I assume there might also be local "watch party" events, where sellers can get together somewhere to watch the Virtual events...which allows sellers to network in person at a physical event, even if ebay is not really present.

Maybe there will be more details today at the Check In, or maybe this is as much detail as they have at this point....I guess we'll see.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques yeah, last year the Studio events were held on the last day of the 3 day online event with watch parties for the closing keynote.

I can see why eBay would maybe want to host them on a different day/as a separate event....probably a lot less hassle not having to figure out how to stream parts of the online event for everyone live and like you said, sellers can host their own watch parties if they want to.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Because of all the feedback they've gotten from sellers that wanted to attend different sessions that were happening at the same time, eBay said this year every session would be available on "instant replay" so when you finish one session you can watch the other.

That info came from today's Seller Check-In. Those are all the details Rebecca provided on instant replay.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

So there was an announcement posted earlier that the dates for eBay Open had been changed....and then it was just randomly deleted?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Open-2023-event-date-change/ba-p/33799906 

2023-06-09_11-20-09.jpg

devon@ebay kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  - can you confirm if the dates are actually changing?

If not, you should probably put out an announcement about that rather than just delete the post....lots of people may have already seen it/passed the info around and just deleting it without a correction announcement will just cause more confusion.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

So there was an announcement posted earlier that the dates for eBay Open had been changed....and then it was just randomly deleted?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Open-2023-event-date-change/ba-p/33799906 

2023-06-09_11-20-09.jpg

devon@ebay kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  - can you confirm if the dates are actually changing?

If not, you should probably put out an announcement about that rather than just delete the post....lots of people may have already seen it/passed the info around and just deleting it without a correction announcement will just cause more confusion.

Hey @valueaddedresource! Here is the announcement and we can confirm that we have changed the dates. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay !

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Will the virtual event sessions be available for later viewing after eBay Open (like perhaps on YouTube?)?

Sandra
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@nitelvr  I believe they previously said they will be available the same day, sometime after the session. I think they are usually put on the ebay for business Facebook page and the ebay You Tube channel.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply