cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesn't have correct suite number and doesn't return items

somab_6338
Adventurer

Buyer in La Canada California is not nice. he's a thief and his suite number doesn't exist.  lies about description and keeps the items after refund.

Ebay couldn't care any less or be any less helpful - except to allow him to continue to steal.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: doesn't have correct suite number and doesn't return items

It would really help you if you familiarize yourself with what you can and cannot do to protect yourself.

Your post is just one more of thousands over the years from sellers that have no clue.

Sorry, but from your posts you were asking to get ripped off. And you did.

Radine

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay is not law enforcement: report theft and fraud to such.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@somab_6338 

Did you refund the buyer before receiving the item back?

Or, did you not accept the return and Ebay had to get involve?

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If you issued the refund before receiving the item back or failed to accept a NAD return under the MBG, I don't think you have much of a chance in getting your item back.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

"...keeps the items after refund."

Thats not how it works; you don't refund until AFTER they have returned the item.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

It would really help you if you familiarize yourself with what you can and cannot do to protect yourself.

Your post is just one more of thousands over the years from sellers that have no clue.

Sorry, but from your posts you were asking to get ripped off. And you did.

Radine

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I screwed up and agreed to the refund before printing the return label.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@somab_6338 wrote:

Correction - you screwed up and refunded before you received the return back(you need to accept the return and give them the return label).

Printing the return label and then issuing a refund would result in the same thing as you just did - no return.

somab_6338
Adventurer

I actually did look into it when he made the request.  No where on the refund return page does it say if you "agree" to a refund now the money goes back to the buyer instantly and the case gets closed instantly, leaving you no way to get anything back.

I said I was agreeing to refund him, did not agree to immediately and close the case.

They tell you that after it's done with no way to reverse it.

Some seasoned sellers have fallen prey to these kinds of people, too, in different ways.

Just because someone trusts you doesn't give you the right to take advantage.  Some buyers suck and the sellers should have help from Ebay.  New users or old.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Ebay's wording on some of these is ... well ... let's just say less than optimal.

@somab_6338 wrote:

When a buyer files an INAD, you have 2 choices.

1) Accept the return and provide return shipping, then refund once something is returned.

2) Refund the buyer without returning, and as soon as you click this, the buyer is refunded and the case is closed.

Have a great day.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

You don't refund until buyer sends the item back, but buyer won't send the item back unless you authorize a return label.   If you don't authorize the return label, buyer receives the refund and gets to keep the item.    This is not rocket science.   Easy to do just follow the simple steps and you won't drive yourself crazy.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@somab_6338 wrote:

I actually did look into it when he made the request.  No where on the refund return page does it say if you "agree" to a refund now the money goes back to the buyer instantly and the case gets closed instantly, leaving you no way to get anything back.

I said I was agreeing to refund him, did not agree to immediately and close the case.

They tell you that after it's done with no way to reverse it.

Some seasoned sellers have fallen prey to these kinds of people, too, in different ways.

Just because someone trusts you doesn't give you the right to take advantage.  Some buyers suck and the sellers should have help from Ebay.  New users or old.

I respectfully disagree, seasoned sellers and even new sellers, learn how to handle all aspects of selling on this platform. ALL aspects, returns, refunds, shipping, MBG, how payments work - it can all be learned by researching the eBay Help pages, and this is what you now need to do before any more issues arise.

Sorry, a buyer took advantage because you allowed it to happen

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Are all the sellers on EBay that are getting scammed and being taken advantage of at fault because they are allowing it or is it the old "THATS THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS ON LINE" or "NEVER SELL SOMETHING ON EBAY THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE"

Daily words of encouragement!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@bettimoor-0 wrote:

Are all the sellers on EBay that are getting scammed and being taken advantage of at fault because they are allowing it or is it the old "THATS THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS ON LINE" or "NEVER SELL SOMETHING ON EBAY THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE"

Daily words of encouragement!

Pretty much, but you did forget one > Do not sell on eBay without learning how

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 15 of 16
latest reply