cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did anyone else get a private message on 10/31 from a person with Polarr?

The message subject title: Questions about your image editing workflow

Seems a little questionable and surprised that eBay did not block

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

@sextons-sweet-deals 

I've been waiting for this to come up. I got one about a week ago and thought it was rather 'spammy', too.
I did wiki-search 'Polarr' and noticed (what might have been) a matching name in their article...?? I did not respond, naturally.

Funny... now that I go to look for that message, it has vanished from my Inbox.
I guess my $50 gift card for the 45 minute interview is now invalid. 🙄

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

@sextons-sweet-deals 

I've been waiting for this to come up. I got one about a week ago and thought it was rather 'spammy', too.
I did wiki-search 'Polarr' and noticed (what might have been) a matching name in their article...?? I did not respond, naturally.

Funny... now that I go to look for that message, it has vanished from my Inbox.
I guess my $50 gift card for the 45 minute interview is now invalid. 🙄

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

A month back I got 2 message from then about a week apart. I reported them to eBay and they disappeared from my inbox. Since eBay does not allow spam I came away from the conversation that they would be permanently blocked. Maybe they just changed the "from" address to skip around that.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I reported them to eBay and they disappeared from my inbox.

@richard1rst 

I didn't report them to eBay, but mine disappeared, too. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!! 😉

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

There were threads & eBay did block, as I had a message in the Community Boards about it & it was removed w/o my deleting it.  

The company is legit, but the spamming was annoying, as that was the 3rd or 4th message from them.  I noticed the amount to do the survey kept going up though 🙂 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

yes.  Started with a $50 offer.  Upped to $100.  I ignored.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I got one of those about a week ago.  Just ignored it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

LOL... this is my posting ID...I have not looked at my "inbox" in a couple of years.  No telling what I am missing out on....

I was getting an inordinate amount of SPAM on my website via the "contact us" feature UNTIL I put the "Captcha Block" there......Worked for me.  

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I did the work and got the $100 - it was interesting and informative, and it tied in directly to what products the company is wanting to develop.  This kind of work is very common for people who do freelancing.

However, their method of finding people to work with them was not of the best as it did go against forum rules. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I did the work and got the $100 - it was interesting and informative, and it tied in directly to what products the company is wanting to develop.  This kind of work is very common for people who do freelancing.

However, their method of finding people to work with them was not of the best as it did go against forum rules. 

My biggest concern was privacy. A whole bunch of us on these boards routinely give advice and information freely. And while I (we?) do not live in a CIA level of security there are just too many things that I consider to be Proprietary Information that I am not willing to share. Does Macy's tell Gimbals.?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

I received the private message yesterday and responded with "No Thanks" and received a return message thanking me for the response. Their website is interesting...

Have a few questions.  I could definitely use $100.

1.   How did they pay you?

2.   Are they trying to sell you something?

3.   How did they contact you to do the interview?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I asked for paypal.

No - this was an interview for work flow so they wouldn't be selling anything.

We did the interview via Zoom.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Yeah, it was clear from the first message that it was legit, but I didn't want to take the time to devote to it.   It's a great way to do unbiased market research, but they sure were persistent! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I asked them to let me know if I can assist with anything else, further focus study or whatever.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

My biggest concern was privacy. A whole bunch of us on these boards routinely give advice and information freely. And while I (we?) do not live in a CIA level of security there are just too many things that I consider to be Proprietary Information that I am not willing to share. Does Macy's tell Gimbals.?

Nothing they asked me would be remotely proprietary, and I doubt there are any secrets to this kind of thing that would endanger any kind of NDA. 

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 17
latest reply