cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canceling a order for a buyer that is a pain

so i got a buyer here, they bought a item late at night and i have a 3 day handling time because i teach two days a week. always get items out within 48 hours.

so my question is, this buyer sent me a really rude message on i am taking forever to send it and ends with how long are you going to take to ship a small item. but the title says request to cancel order, i took a peak at this guys feedback and he gives some harsh feedback. i wonder if the request to cancel but not actually typing it if i could cancel it. he seems like a problem already and if he takes the time to see my feedback there is not one single person complaining about ship time. i often get messages time to time when it will be shipped, mostly over the weekend orders but they are always respectful. I have a perfect 5 stars out of 5 stars for ship time. 

can i cancel this order and not get beat up for it. when you choose your message reason he chose request to cancel order. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I would cancel using buyer requested.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

If the title was "request to cancel order" on the message then cancel it using "buyer request to cancel" as the reason. The only way that pops up as the title is if they chose that option, so eBay sees it as a request to cancel.

Cancel, block them, warn all your friends who sell to block them.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the response. he bought it late Monday night and i dont make enough off just eBay, so i teach woodworking 2 days a week and I'm out before the post office opens and dont leave till after it closes.  i looked thru his feedback and seen he had left some nasty feedback nit picking everything apart, if you scroll back far he used to leave almost all negatives now all his neutral and positives read negatively.  i know if people abuse it they will restrict them. I have it all packed up last night, i am packing some stuff that sold this morning. i explained why i dont ship those two days and told him this title says request to cancel and i have item packed, i need  answer to cancel or not now because item title says your requesting to cancel. if he does not reply by the time i finish packing other stuff, he is getting canceled and 100% getting blocked anyways. i got out of my way to supply a superb service and my feedback represents that well. best to avoid these people. i have been getting more than usual lately. i got two people yesterday that said item was not delivered when it says delivered. my post office is cool they can use google earth with there GPS and can scan it and get GPS location within 5 feet. as soon as i tell them its scanned in front of there house and tell them i will call there local USPS and see if they can contact the driver to see if they can recall where it was left, every time it magically appears. !!! thanks for the reply!!!! 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

If you received an e-mail titled buyer request to cancel order, then do it. Add to your block list and all is good. 

Sounds like this buyer is nothing but trouble and if you decide to ship, that is what you will probably get. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

yea the only thing is the questions reason title says request to cancel but in the message is is like why is it taking so long, do you plan to ship it.  I just messaged eBay on Facebook and there telling me the only way i am protected from bad feedback is if he replies back or said in his own text or opens a return. the question reason is not enough, even though its titled request to cancel order ##### and title. they did say if i mail it and he mentions anything related to how long it takes to get it out they can get rid of it. i wish i never messaged eBay, now i got the possible bad feedback in the back of my mind. this guy if they do want it so fast, they just slowed things down!!! thanks for the response. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

sounds like they are playing with you. They did not send an actual request through eBay to cancel, but just notes it in message. 

That would be enough for me to cancel. 

Did you Google map the address. If it looks suspicious, you can cancel with issue with buyer's address. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

you know when you send a message, 99.9% of the time people will pick the last option, its like other or something, he picked request to cancel and inside that he wrote, some rude stuff like what's taking so long to get this shipped and i would like a explanation WHY will you ever get this shipped.  I just was hoping that just sending it the way he did would help me ditch this sale, i could care less about the money! i care about headaches. 

I guess according to Ebay via Facebook they are telling me that he needs to write it himself or actual open a request, even tho its titled request to cancel order number and title. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

If you're uncomfortable with cancelling citing 'Buyer requested', you could also use the OOS option. You get two of those per year without getting 'beat up' for it. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

its not that i am unconfutable cancelling it and would rather use out of stock option if it really happened. never used it but you never know. My issue was trying to stop the sale to protect my feedback because the person picked for the message topic request a return. i was hoping that would get me out the sale and out of bad feedback. Feedback is the only thing i was trying to avoid. the guy did message me back stating he wants the item.  I seen his history of feedback and if i could cancel and be protected i would of but if i chose out of stock or something then this buyer would  surely leave a negative. i dont care about the money, its not much money just want to avoid that and headaches. I posted this but i also sent eBay a message over Facebook and they got back to me way later telling me, even though the buyer choose request a return as the topic but never asked for it, i would have to ask to confirm and if he does not confirm send it but if he does cancel it but if not i am not protected. they did tell me i have protection from him leaving feedback regarding shipping time, which he has left a lot to others about it taking to long to ship. it was shipped in less than 36 hours.  i teach woodworking locally 2 days a week so i dont ship those days, i wish we could share names cause if someone saw the feedback he left to others, one would assume he is crazy. guys got like over 4k buys and no sales and about 25% is bad and rude!!!! 

Its on the way hopefully that was the only headache. no reason for the person to complain at this point unless it gets lost in the mail or something but that's rare!!! will update if anything happens and will also update if no issues, i like to post this stuff time to time cause people can go back and see if they had the same issue. thanks for responding. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I would ignore buyer emails and mail item out. I would not email buyer back. Responding to buyers only make it worse.

Do not leave feedback until you receive feedback first from the buyer.

It's a sale and we have to deal with buyers as such. I have been there.

Buyers like these I take a photo of package and email buyer with the photo and state item is in the mail.

That's it. No emails other than that to them.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

You are receiving responses going several directions, so it up to you to decide.

I would use BUYER REQUESTED TO CANCEL, block them and move on.  BAM DONE DEAL

If you ship, you have about a 93.4% chance, of things not ending well.  YMMV

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

"It's on the way . . ."  You already mailed it? Why? 

BTW, you mentioned the FB that this buyer has.  Since buyers can only be given positive FB or none at all ,

are you aware that every one of those negs was a violation of eBay rules and that those buyers could have/should have reported them.  Also, if those sellers had done the right thing and opened unpaid item cases, that buyer would have been unable to buy from you if you have your buyer requirements set so that you do not have to deal with any buyer who has two unpaid cases in twelve months.  Think about it.

And, also, BTW, when dealing with a buyer who complains about shipping time, you could have told him the delivery date was in the listing, and, if that date is too late for his situation, you would be happy to cancel for him.  Too late now I guess.  

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

well the buyer is already claiming there are parts missing it was a clock movement and pendulum and claiming the pendulum is missing.  i made sure i put it in and i wrapped it in bubble wrap and was in its own bag. what a pain this person is!! 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@incrediblefinds199 wrote:

well the buyer is already claiming there are parts missing it was a clock movement and pendulum and claiming the pendulum is missing.  i made sure i put it in and i wrapped it in bubble wrap and was in its own bag. what a pain this person is!! 

Does tracking even show it as delivered yet? Seems like a speedy trip through USPS land ...

Message 15 of 18
latest reply