cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone comment on freight forwarder - 182-21 150th Avenue DXB 388392, Springfield Gardens, NY?

Just had a sale and the buyer is located in United Arab Emirates. I don't ship international due to all the fraud. 

Why does eBay allow these freight forwarder addresses? I Google Map the address and it is a shipping warehouse.

thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

can anyone comment on freight forwarder - 182-21 150th Avenue DXB 388392, Springfield Gardens, NY?

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Just had a sale and the buyer is located in United Arab Emirates. I don't ship international due to all the fraud. 

Why does eBay allow these freight forwarder addresses? I Google Map the address and it is a shipping warehouse.

thank you for your time!

Although eBay may not be able to control all Freight Forwarding they can slow it down by not accepting foreign money for an account that choose not to sell internationally.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

How would signature confirmation offer any more protection than tracking to the freight forwarder?

The BUYER isn't signing, some employee at the freight forwarder is.  

Is the freight forwarder acting as an agent for the buyer in this situation?   If so, that would be a buyer authorized signature confirming delivery to the 3rd party specified by the buyer to accept their goods. 

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

They allow it because it basically turns an international sale into a domestic plus it encourages more buyers.

I’ve never had a problem with a freight carrier, including several $600-1000 items.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

This address is very close to JFK Airport.  Many freight forwarders are in this neighborhood. It is a major industry of Springfield Gardens NY

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

You need to use the dash-- 182-21 150th Avenue.   18221 is not an address in the area.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

I've shipped to that one. The buyer paid me nearly $50 for a Christmas ornament and left me positive feedback. No problems here.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I have one guy sent me message want to buy some my items on Ebay and asking send to this address

May this is fraud ?I will not sell to them

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

As explained by countless responders here, this is by no means fraud.

Feel free to sell or not sell to whoever you want. 

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

thank you for your time!

You're not shipping internationally, you're shipping to an address in New York. Unless you are shipping something high scam like a laptop or cell phone, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

I've shipped to the Middle East quite a few times and I find generally speaking that buyers are reasonably honest (so long as it's not a high scam item, which I try not to sell in my store if I can help it).

C.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

EBay allow buyers to leverage this loophole for one simple reason, revenue. About 1/2 of eBay's sales are to non US buyers. However, not all of the purchases are from US sellers, in fact it's probably a pretty low percentage. 

While I do sell and ship internationally I have a pretty limited list of countries that I will not sell to and any foreign buyer who attempts to circumvent those restrictions through the use of a freight forwarder I simply cancel the order due to a problem with the address and inform the buyer that I do not sell or ship to their country. 

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Just had one myself today going to DXB 15554 Springfield Gardens NY.  Has anyone experienced fraud from this address?  If not, to me it's not an issue.  But certainly tracking can only verify up to that address.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

The address is: 182-21 150th Ave.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Why not go back and read all the posts on this thread?  

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

I don't ship international due to all the fraud. 

You aren't.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

I did.  As a new seller on ebay, I probably won't have a problem shipping to this address.  My issue is that I think giving ebay 12% is way too much.  And I'm not sure who's responsible for the additional 1.65% - does that come out of my bottom line, or does the buyer pay it??  It sounds like I have to pay it from the remark below.  And if so, ebay shouldn't be charging the US only seller this fee. I guess I'll be calling ebay to find out for sure.

"One important reason is eBay charges an additional 1.65% for international payments made outside the US.  The fact that a person does not want to be subject to these additional fees is reason enough not to ship outside the US."

Message 30 of 39
latest reply