cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone comment on freight forwarder - 182-21 150th Avenue DXB 388392, Springfield Gardens, NY?

Just had a sale and the buyer is located in United Arab Emirates. I don't ship international due to all the fraud. 

Why does eBay allow these freight forwarder addresses? I Google Map the address and it is a shipping warehouse.

thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

can anyone comment on freight forwarder - 182-21 150th Avenue DXB 388392, Springfield Gardens, NY?

Well, that’s right by me, but many things are. I’m used to the ones in Florida. Anyhow, based on my experience they are to much of a headache. I don’t accept foreign orders no matter how it gets there. To many problems with delivery attempts, late deliveries, and fraudulent customers. 

Maybe I’ll revisit it one day.  But it’s one headache I can live without for now.

Yeah, shady few blocks over there. Gotta love Queens!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

IMO Freight forwarders rock.  I point anyone from outside the US to use them if they want to buy from me.  Once the package reaches the forwarder, you are done and in the clear.  Since the buyer is using a 3rd party the MBG is voided.  In the last 7 years I've had 1 issue, and I simply called eBay and they closed out the case in my favor since they used a forwarding service.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals 

DXB 388392 is likely the customer ID number.  Based on your recent sales that do not include the usual merchandise favored by the typical "unsavory buyer"  crowd,  and this NOT being  one of THOSE  (infamous Delaware) addresses it is probably too soon to panic.  In addition, I don't think buyers in that area of the world need to make a practice of the usual "get something for free" scenarios.  

This is just my opinion, or course, and the other day we had a seller victim that sold dolls instead of phones or watches.  Again, this was to Delaware.   Do let us know how this turns out.  Maybe a few months from now it will bump your thread back to the front and we can share the good news.  

Why does eBay allow these freight forwarder addresses?  

Money of course.  Forwarders became VERY popular  waaaayyy back when sellers initially started to refuse to ship internationally  due to the old "confirmed address requirement" and  needing to provide online delivery confirmation (that for most international destinations didn't exist} . 

eBay, seeing the opportunity to get in on the action, started the GSP. 

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

As long as you ship where eBay said to your ok.  The buyer loses protection when an item is reshipped. You only have to get it to the address given to you. 

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Once the package reaches the forwarder, you are done and in the clear.  Since the buyer is using a 3rd party the MBG is voided. 

Not anymore. 

@jklfindings 

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

appreciate the feedback so far. I'm going to spend an little extra for signature confirmation.  

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Best thing you can do if you have room in the sale is to add signature required when you ship to freight forwarders.  I just did that a couple weeks ago.  As other people mentioned once it arrives the MBG is null and void and you are golden.   

My recent freight forward sale was to Seattle.  I use two packing slips when I see a sale is clearly going to a forwarder.  One packing slip goes in the inner box with the product and another goes in the "outer"  box I use to mail to the forwarder with a note telling them a duplicate packing slip is inside the inner box with the item.

I don't know what the forwarder might do if they have to open and inspect the inner box.  I'm sure hundreds of sellers know the procedures.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

I have 4 or 5 regular UAE & Saudi buyers who use the Springfield Gardens forwarder.  I have never had a problem with that forwarder (I think it may be Aramex --huge, reputable company). 

I am grateful for the set-up because about 1/3 of the time when I ship directly to those countries just using USPS  1st Class Int'l Parcel,  it takes 2-4 weeks to be delivered to the recipient after it clears customs, sometimes I get it back as undeliverable, etc., etc.  

I want the business from those countries, so I'm happy to have that forwarder in the middle. (That being said, the orders are usually $40-150 range-- nothing huge.)

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

How would signature confirmation offer any more protection than tracking to the freight forwarder?

The BUYER isn't signing, some employee at the freight forwarder is.  

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Well, that’s right by me, but many things are. I’m used to the ones in Florida. Anyhow, based on my experience they are to much of a headache. I don’t accept foreign orders no matter how it gets there. To many problems with delivery attempts, late deliveries, and fraudulent customers. 

Maybe I’ll revisit it one day.  But it’s one headache I can live without for now.

Yeah, shady few blocks over there. Gotta love Queens!

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

What should i write in the section 

apt, suit, building, what ever i write there after 

18221 150th Ave It gave me this error. (We are enable to verify your street address as entered please review) 

anyone can help me with this matter 

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

My son and his wife lived in then UAE for 3 years and I can testify to the nightmare of trying to send them mail or a package.

Freight forwarders are OK by me,  I never have problems with any of them.     

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Can you explain how eBay would stop freight forwarding? How could they legally exclude a valid USA address?

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Why does eBay allow these freight forwarder addresses? I Google Map the address and it is a shipping warehouse.

Because eBay knows that any address could be used to receive and re-mail a package.

I have friends in Norway, Japan, Germany, France, Australia and the UK who do it for me. 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

Can you explain how eBay would stop freight forwarding? How could they legally exclude a valid USA address?

To completely stop all Freight Forwarding probably is not totally possible.  However a very large majority of it could easily be stopped and eBay has the ability to stop it.

People choose to not ship outside of the US for various reasons.  One important reason is eBay charges an additional 1.65% for international payments made outside the US.  The fact that a person does not want to be subject to these additional fees is reason enough not to ship outside the US.

If a account choose not to ship outside the US, eBay knows this and they should not be forcing the sale and then charging the additional 1.65% fees.  In simple terms the 1.65% international fees tells you it is a international sale that you have opted out of doing.

Although eBay may not be able to control all Freight Forwarding they can slow it down by not accepting foreign money for an account that chooses not to sell internationally.

Maybe I am incorrect and you can point me to such law, but there is no law that says there is a requirement that anything available on eBay must be shippable to all valid USA addresses.  In fact eBay has several of their own allowable US exclusions that say otherwise.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 130028.png

Message 15 of 39
latest reply