cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyers remorse negative feedback, I thought were removed.

Negative feedback left for plants purchased:

"price is way to high for the size you recieve"

plant matched the size in listing and photos.

Buyers remorse feedback right?

I thought these were removed when request with the link?

I was told"

Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies ."

I've usually been able ot have remorse negative removed and I went through the remove feedback link, should I have had a call instead?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just got off the phone with CS and they said it does qualify for removal for buyers remorse.

So it is being removed.

So now I have my answer. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

With all of your negative feedback coming from different  buyers that purchase "plants", i would suggest using pictures of the actual item they are going to receive (with a ruler showing size of plant) or rethink selling plants in general. Seems like a tough category to sell in.

Good luck-

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I would advise against being argumentative in response to negative feedback from buyers. Instead, try to remain calm and professional, and focus on resolving the issue. Here's an example response:

"Thank you for sharing your concerns about your recent purchase. I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment caused. I understand that the item may not have met your expectations, and I'm willing to work with you to find a solution. However, I would like to respectfully clarify that the item was accurately described in the listing, and I provided clear photos and details. Nevertheless, I value your feedback and want to ensure your satisfaction. Please let me know how I can make things right. Let's work together to find a positive outcome."

Remember, as a seller, your goal is to provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive reputation. Engaging in arguments or being defensive is unlikely to resolve the issue and may harm your business in the long run. Instead, focus on listening to the buyer's concerns, acknowledging their feedback, and finding a mutually beneficial solution.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Great advice. (and not just for eBay)

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

he's already opened a return but hasn't returned them. He's also purchased from a drop shipper from somewhere as I shipped another order to him from someone on amazon. He doesn't have his order straight as I've also talked to him on the phone trying to find out why he' ordered and opened a return on ebay, yet has another order from amazon.

I've asked him to send photos so I can compare them with the listing and photos yet no response.

Been selling plant on here for years.

and no one has approached my question about the buyer remorse removal.

Not sure why you seem to think I am being argumentative. or defensive. I was only asking about feedback removal. I'm done talking to the person. as they were argumentative and left the negative. I tried to help him with the return but he is confused and mixed up about orders.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Not sure where you got the idea that "remorse" feedback is removed.

eBay response to such an inquiry would probably get a reply that it is the "buyer's opinion" and therefore not removable.

------------------------------------------------------------------

we don't always change photos.....................  batch sizes vary................................. customer may not get what is shown

Really?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Although it would be nice for a buyer to send photos of item in question...buyers don't have to.

And not sure why you would want someone to return something that is a dead plant.

Selling plants is a tough market with weather changes during the cold season...where I could see it was not the seller who did anything wrong...but the weather.

So I just think a plant wrapped in a box or something might not make it on a truck where it is terrible cold overnight. I think a seller should expect some plants would not make it to colder climates in shipping.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I think what he means by argumentative is in your feedback replies to negative feedback.  He posts examples of more professional replies that would make you look better to potential buyers who look at your feedback.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

didn't read the post did you. It's NOT a dead plant.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I haven't replied to his feedback.

Man all I'm asking is "Isn't buyer remorse feedbacks usually removed by ebay?"

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Just got off the phone with CS and they said it does qualify for removal for buyers remorse.

So it is being removed.

So now I have my answer. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@sddarkman619 wrote:

I haven't replied to his feedback.

Man all I'm asking is "Isn't buyer remorse feedbacks usually removed by ebay?"

No, "remorse feedback" as you call it, isn't usually removed by eBay. You were told when you used the feedback link "Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies ."

The customer service rep on the phone was just telling you what you wanted to hear to get you off the phone. 
Because  as it looks right now, the negative feedback remains. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I've been here awhile, but I've never heard of remorse feedback removal.  Of course, I'm hearing lots of things about feedback lately that I didn't know.  Another posted about being outraged that their 16 courtesy feedback removals a year were discontinued---so obviously not all sellers receive the benefit of the same perks.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

the feedback is remaining because the return hasn't closed yet. once it closes it will be removed. I've done this before. it will be removed, I also have confirmation of this form their upstream CS team who does the removing.

"We've looked into the feedback you've received and found that there’s still an unresolved case related to it. And this is the reason why we cannot remove the feedback yet as it has to be resolve first. "

Message 14 of 14
latest reply