cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an invoice to a buyer who received the wrong item but wants to buy instead of return

Please Help, A buyer purchased a shampoo and conditioner set from me and I sent her two conditioners instead of one of each, I have since sent her the shampoo but she decided she wanted to just go ahead and buy the second conditioner now instead of returning it to me, but I have looked high and low for a way to bill her for the conditioner and I can't figure it out.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please and thank you. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How to send an invoice to a buyer who received the wrong item but wants to buy instead of return

@solow4u 

The only way to do it on eBay would be to have her buy one, if you made a local pickup only listing you would eliminate the tracking issues and then just mark it as picked up.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you have PayPal, you can also invoice the buyer thru them.  The message will be routed thru eBay, which makes things take longer, but I've not yet had an issue with an invoice not showing up.  And your customer doesn't need a PayPal account to pay, unless they want to use PayPal funds... they can just use their credit card (most majors accepted now) and "get'r done".  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If it was me I would just tell the buyer to keep the extra bottle of conditioner. Since you sent the shampoo they have the items they initially thought they were going to get. You can also, as rosachs noted, invoice them through PayPal. Depending on their age they may still be one of those that writes checks. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

If it was me I would just tell the buyer to keep the extra bottle of conditioner. Since you sent the shampoo they have the items they initially thought they were going to get. You can also, as rosachs noted, invoice them through PayPal. Depending on their age they may still be one of those that writes checks. 

Completely agree. The gesture will make them a satisfied customer. And word of mouth is the best advertisment.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Offsite. Paypal etc, even ebay will tell you that. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@solow4u 

The only way to do it on eBay would be to have her buy one, if you made a local pickup only listing you would eliminate the tracking issues and then just mark it as picked up.

I thought of this too. But I also wonder what happens if you use the old tracking and upload it to that new transaction. Will the system allow you to upload a tracking that already shows as delivered? It’ll already pass the same username security measure as long as the buyer doesn’t buy as a guest.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:
I thought of this too. But I also wonder what happens if you use the old tracking and upload it to that new transaction. Will the system allow you to upload a tracking that already shows as delivered? It’ll already pass the same username security measure as long as the buyer doesn’t buy as a guest

Last I checked, you cannot use the same tracking number on shipments days apart.  You can for tracking combined shipments.  If you use eBay Labels, this is automatic when you combine Orders.  We use ShipWorks at work and it does the same - the one tracking number is uploaded to all the combined Orders.

But I don't think you can reuse a number that's been delivered, or was not shipped within a likely restrictive timeframe from the original.

The 'gift' option is valid - I've gotten a good deal of great feedback from customers after correcting mis-shipments that way.  Depends on the numbers, but my boss prefers we not do refunds - just let them keep it.  Over a given value, we require the return, even if we are made to pay it.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 8 of 8
latest reply