cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer making political comments in my feedback profile

One of my buyers has left a bunch of feedback in my profile making political comments. (This is the second time he did it, only the first time no one knew what he was talking about).

I know it's a positive and will scroll off really soon... but I'm not sure politics and eBay go together.

C.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

That is annoyingly ridiculous and over the top (because there is so many).  I would try to get ahold of ebay (as you know- good luck with that) and get them removed; then block that buyer. I would also that buyer a message, after it has been removed stating that you had them removed, you blocked him from future purchases and he should NOT be leaving that stuff on feedback. Feedback is about the transaction, not for his own entertainment. 

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Lets just think about it this way...

Does it really matter.

I only care if someone leaves me neutral or negative feedback

Leave It To Me
Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Is weird feedback to leave. But I suppose the big question to ask is, "Are you going to answer the call and handle them?"

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

REALLY????

You would ban a person that has purchased from you twice JUST FOR LEAVING FEEDBACK?!?!?!?!?!

That is very strange.

I would MYABE message the buyer and kindly ask the to stop leaving comments like that, and then thank them for being a return customer.

Leave It To Me
Message 5 of 64
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

That is annoyingly ridiculous and over the top (because there is so many).  I would try to get ahold of ebay (as you know- good luck with that) and get them removed; then block that buyer. I would also that buyer a message, after it has been removed stating that you had them removed, you blocked him from future purchases and he should NOT be leaving that stuff on feedback. Feedback is about the transaction, not for his own entertainment. 

One problem, 10 minutes before he left those, he bought 14 more things. I already sent the invoice from my phone while at lunch, but I haven't received payment yet. He's buying things I wasn't able to sell until he showed an interest... paying for items and not scamming is my general criteria to not block.

C.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

@lepke1979 wrote:

Is weird feedback to leave. But I suppose the big question to ask is, "Are you going to answer the call and handle them?"

Well... I'd consider it, only I am busy selling stuff and shipping items. Too busy for drama.

C.

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

@casuallyattractive wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers 

REALLY????

You would ban a person that has purchased from you twice JUST FOR LEAVING FEEDBACK?!?!?!?!?!

That is very strange.

I would MYABE message the buyer and kindly ask the to stop leaving comments like that, and then thank them for being a return customer.

He's actually purchased 3 times now, but the third time hasn't been paid. The feedback is my only issue (and that's because I like to abstain from political issues online).

Kinda looking for some more creative ways to handle it while not losing a customer at the same time.

C.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

You, I 100% wouldn't block him even if he bought 2 items.

If you dont like it that much just send him a nice comment asking him to plz stop

Leave It To Me
Message 9 of 64
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@lepke1979 wrote:

Well... I'd consider it, only I am busy selling stuff and shipping items. Too busy for drama.

C.

heh...well I would just ignore it. Not sure many people even look at feedback anyhow. Especially beyond the first few pages. And you seem to sell enough to where it'll go beyond that in maybe a week or so.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

I would not message that buyer. (Don’t poke the sleeping bear cuz you don’t know what could happen.) This buyer clearly has some issues.

Contact eBay. They will likely remove the comments but leave the positives. Good luck!

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

So who is Colleen?

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Are you the Colleen the buyer is referencing??  I think the buyer means it as a compliment if that is the case. Or do the mean Colleen Hardwick or Soetaert???

What does the buyer's "feedback left for others" look like??

I can deal with a whole lot of nutters, as long as they are buying & the check clears the bank.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Man, what a dork!  It's really boring so it won't bother a serious buyer, but that is Feedback Abuse and should be reported to Help and Safety.  Customer Reps won't be able to do much, I'm afraid, so go to the people who have 'teeth'.  Last time I checked it was at the top of the pages (your main page for instance).  And block them now, not later.  You don't need the aggravation.  Oh, and never message them.  It'll only fan the flames. 

It sure shows how weird things have gotten.   

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

@sin-n-dex 

What the??? That's crazy, has it got something to do with all the truckers up there at the borders?

Message 15 of 64
latest reply