cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

I had a gentlemen purchase an item who doesn't speak/read English. He misunderstood/misread the item thinking that it was a complete unit when it was only a faceplate. I had the same issue with another person who purchased the same item but they hadn't paid yet and also didn't speak/read english so I was able to just cancel it. When I go to refund the customer it says I have to use my own personal bank account which doesn't have the funds to cover what he bought. Reason being I am a new seller and wasn't aware of the whole limitations and have a transaction hold on an almost $300 item that I sold. Anyways what exactly needs to be done? I've used Google translate to speak to him the best that I could and he did want a refund. But like I said I don't have the funds in my own personal bank account at the moment to refund him. What do I do? Also I have spoke to ebay. They told me to have him perform a "item not received" claim but I'm unsure of how exactly that works. I did let him know that that's what they told me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Help please

I don't understand, If he paid for the item and you are trying to give him a refund then you should just be able to issue a refund... right, or am I misunderstanding?

Did you already  get the payout for the item he bought and you do not have enough money in your personal account to cover it?

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Help please

Have you tried to cancel the order using ‘buyer requested’ as the reason for the cancellation?  I’m not sure if that would free up the funds they have on hold but you could try. I’ve read about them not allowing sellers to use held funds for a refund but I’m not sure how it works.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Help please

1. Locate the order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold.
  2. From the dropdown menu, select Send refund.
  3. Choose a reason for the refund.
  4. Specify a refund amount for the item or for the order.
  5. Enter the desired refund amount, and select Send refund.
  6. Refunds are drawn from available,pending, or held funds.

As was advised, use option at buyers request.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Help please

The seller doesn't get a refund for fees the way you informed to refund. The seller would be out like $36

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Help please

@jagersmerchandise wrote:

I had a gentlemen purchase an item who doesn't speak/read English. He misunderstood/misread the item thinking that it was a complete unit when it was only a faceplate. I had the same issue with another person who purchased the same item but they hadn't paid yet and also didn't speak/read english so I was able to just cancel it. 

IMHoO you need to stop putting multiple pictures of the complete unit in the listing if you are only selling the faceplate. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply