cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer making false claims

i had a buyer send me an offer for art and I accepted their offer that was 10 days ago. I even messaged them and asked if they still wanted it and got no response so after 10 days of no payment i filed a non payment claim against them so i could get back the huge fee ebay charged me. NOw the buyer is making a false item not received claim. How is that even possible when they never paid and  i already got my fee back and they got a strike against them.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: buyer making false claims

Hm, sounds like a glitch in the system. I vaguely recall someone else here post the exact same issue you are having. Hopefully someone here will remember it more and can shed some light on this. But yea... you got shafted OP. Sorry.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

yeah I dont get how they can file a request for something they never paid for.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@willyb15020 wrote:

yeah I dont get how they can file a request for something they never paid for.

Respectfully speaking, in the wonderful world of ecommerce, anything is possible.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

On that one, you're going to have to call CS on it...we see threads on this all the time...put this scammer   buyer on your BBL list and report him while you're on the phone..

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Lot's of holes in the process ...

I would call eBay Trust & Safety and request that they immediately close this and give the Buyer one warning ... (unless there's already a pattern of abuse). 

Then, if the Buyer does this again ... eBay, Please Make Sure to Remove Them, to make the site safer and less stressful.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@willyb15020 wrote:

i had a buyer send me an offer for art and I accepted their offer that was 10 days ago. I even messaged them and asked if they still wanted it and got no response so after 10 days of no payment i filed a non payment claim against them so i could get back the huge fee ebay charged me. NOw the buyer is making a false item not received claim. How is that even possible when they never paid and  i already got my fee back and they got a strike against them.

That is strange, only this can happen on eBay I guess.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ebay says that they allow this because the buyer could have paid cash on pick up for the item.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Hm, sounds like a glitch in the system. I vaguely recall someone else here post the exact same issue you are having. Hopefully someone here will remember it more and can shed some light on this. But yea... you got shafted OP. Sorry.

Lots of big glitches today, just in time for the weekend ... when eBay Technical Support will be off for the weekend.

Just add this one to the long list.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

No, they just have to respond with the facts and proof.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The issue was resolved and buyer closed the case after I informed them that making false claims was against Ebay's policies. It's a shame we honest sellers have to deal with this kind of thing. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Ebay says that they allow this because the buyer could have paid cash on pick up for the item.

Hahaha. This makes no sense. So eBay's logic is that the buyer could have paid cash and not receive the item. 

In order for a buyer to pay in cash, they'd have to physically meet up with the seller. Why in the world would a buyer meet up with a seller, pay them in cash, and not get the item from seller at that moment? This is the only scenario I can think of that supports eBay's logic. Oh wait, I guess there is also the possibility the buyer met up with the seller and physically got mugged by the seller. 

@willyb15020  Good to know it worked out. Make sure to report the buyer.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Hahaha. This makes no sense. So eBay's logic is that the buyer could have paid cash and not receive the item. 

In order for a buyer to pay in cash, they'd have to physically meet up with the seller. Why in the world would a buyer meet up with a seller, pay them in cash, and not get the item from seller at that moment? This is the only scenario I can think of that supports eBay's logic. Oh wait, I guess there is also the possibility the buyer met up with the seller and physically got mugged by the seller. 

@willyb15020  Good to know it worked out. Make sure to report the buyer.

I may be mistaken... but I do believe completing a cash sale basically nullifies all of eBay's buyer protection policies. 

I've sold to buyers who realized after purchase I was in Las Vegas and still met them and completed the sale (shipping excluded)... Why? I have all of their personal info now and can totally file suit locally if I've not been paid. 

I kinda fail to see the risk here as its no different from a direct local sale in a store. 

Why would they choose not to pickup at time of purchase? Well hell.. I dunno... if I bought a boat from you today.. paid you to lock in the sale... but don't have my truck with me, can I come pick it up tonight or next tuesday? I mean... is that a problem? That's between buyer and seller. Nothing to do really with payment. If buyer is in your jurisdiction and fails to pay or renigs on payment then by all means call police and sue!

You'll have many, many more rights than you ever had on eBay in the first place. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Exactly if a buyer pays in cash then clearly they picked up the item lol. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

The exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. Buyer kept on promising to pay but never did. I did a non-paying buyer claim and before I closed it out buyer did an item not received claim. I closed out the non-paying buyer issue, got my refund, put a note on the item not received claim that buyer has not paid and the case was closed out 30 days later in my favor. I'm sure I could have gotten it close out earlier if I had called eBay but I decided that this issue wasn't worth my time to do it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply