cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer can't request total from seller for combined shipping

Hi, I have a buyer that put 4 of my items in her cart but when she tries to request total it goes straight to a page where she has to pay. This also is what she says:  I have tried to buy it now & each auction wants me to pay right away with mailing costs first. The items are in my shopping cart & I have tried to request a new invoice but I get this warning from ebay reading that you do not allow combined mailing......... How do I fix this?  IF I go under preferences to change the combined payments the change combine shipping rule, there is no rule for buyer to allow buyer to request total, just to combine weight or not to combine weight---which is no good because if the box size goes over a certain size then shipping cost goes up.  I don't require immediate payment on anything so that can't be it neither.  Any help would be Super Appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the items are in her cart she SHOULD be able to get the "request total" button by hovering over one of your items.
I've been told this won't work if you have ANY kind of promotion/discount/shipping discount on any of the items.
If these are fixed price listings a workaround is to get her to send you an ASQ on each item then send her an offer for each for the BIN price but tell her NOT to pay until you send her a combined shipping invoice.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

bump for the OP @!patman!

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had to wind up changing all items to best offers and then she best offered me on each one, I accepted then had to send an invoice with combined shipping that way.  Then yesterday a buyer purchased a buy-it-now item without having to pay right away then about 2 hours later they wanted to purchase another item that had a auction price with buy-it-now and when they went to do the buy-it-now on that item they were being told they had to pay right away.  She wanted to commit to buy like other item and then I would send her an invoice with combined shipping on it.  What is going on -- I dont require immediate payment on anything.  I checked all my preferences.  I don't offer any promos/sales/discounts on shipping in any of my listings---I just offer that if people buy more than one item I will combine shipping but that is not put as any rule just wrote in my listing----SO How do I get it so people can do multiple buy-it-nows and not have to commit to pay???

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@trinton@ebay...

This is a last year thread. However, am  encountering the SAME scenario.

Thought to look for answers to what is going on with buyers not able to 

request for combined shipping to multiple buys in shopping cart.

1) No IPR or IMP (immediate payment) was checked in all the listings.

2) Yes, items are BIN.

3) Under account setting preference - 30 days for items in shopping cart

to enable combined shipping was checked off.

Is this a glitch or is this here-to-stay new program that buyers are not able

to request combined shipping for multiple buys of BIN??

@ymeagainlord: I have seen your thread about IPR and combined shipped -

so this is what happening at your end.  

So, @Anonymous: currently I have added under specifics to let all my 

overseas customers know that I am still offering combined shipped and

please ignore the IPR and email me and I will have to do a 'work around'

to offer combined shipping? While this issure is being addressed or look into??

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@callahanmagic wrote:

@Anonymous...

This is a last year thread. However, am  encountering the SAME scenario.

Thought to look for answers to what is going on with buyers not able to 

request for combined shipping to multiple buys in shopping cart.

1) No IPR or IMP (immediate payment) was checked in all the listings.

2) Yes, items are BIN.

3) Under account setting preference - 30 days for items in shopping cart

to enable combined shipping was checked off.

Is this a glitch or is this here-to-stay new program that buyers are not able

to request combined shipping for multiple buys of BIN??

@ymeagainlord: I have seen your thread about IPR and combined shipped -

so this is what happening at your end.  

So, @Anonymous: currently I have added under specifics to let all my 

overseas customers know that I am still offering combined shipped and

please ignore the IPR and email me and I will have to do a 'work around'

to offer combined shipping? While this issure is being addressed or look into??

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

There have been changes recently regarding immediate payment being required when certain criteria are met. See: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html for more details on this. Your buyer's should be able to add items to the cart and request a total as long as the cart is an option for them. With some international buyers, this would not be possible and they would need to reach out to you through eBay messaging to discuss combining multiple items into one listing for their benefit. I will pass along this feedback as an example for furture improvements. 

I will be locking this thread from future comments due to the age of the post. If you have any other concerns, you are welcome to begin a new thread to continue discussion.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply