cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I allowed to sell something on ebay for $10,000,000?

am I allowed to sell something on ebay for 1,000,000 or $10,000,000 dollars?

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: am I allowed to sell something on ebay for $10,000,000?

I might be a player.  What do you have in mind?

Do you take IOUs ?

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

What are you planning on giving away? I would not sell anything on here that mattered if I had ebay refund on my behalf, as they do all the time and let the customer keep it. 

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Tools:Thank you for your time.Frank

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

soh.maryl thank you for your time.I understand what you're saying.Frank

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

fashunu4eeuh thank you for your time.I got what you're saying.Frank

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

If something of value $10,000,000 is being sold...

potential buyers will want to see it in person.....  and they will "fly in" to see it

and... if that person who views it ... actually wants it they will in person pay after the item has been view... and also  there may be some adjustment  in the price between seller and buy..

One can also arrange for a viewing day, where everyone interested in the item. will view the item at the same time....

This could become an auction online... with a reserve bid, where all bidders could be in the same room.....

Remember that comic that sold for $2,000,000.... and how the bidding occurred and the item was sold on eBay

Depending on what is to be sold, eBay may step in and assist the sale... advertise, arrange for a viewing  and perhaps assist in an auction like what was done with that comic.....

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

gagnon234 from what you told me I wasn't at all aware what's involved and the risks involved when selling on ebay.What I am going to do now is to film my discovery and put it on youtube before I send what I have to NASA  or MIT.I'm going to contact everyone here who responded to my question when my video is uploaded to youtube as a common courtesy.No,they aren't ashes and you'll be amazed at what they really look like.I'm sure you'll be curious what they look like.Thanks for your time.I'll be in touch.Frank 

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

namtrag1 Hi.You got me laughing:)Like your response.For you and only you I will take an IOU.LOL.Frank

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

cumos55 you hit everything right on the head.Pretty good I must admit.Everything you said I was thinking the same thing.Of course bidders would be permitted to see it and they would also want the right to have what I have to be analyzed regardless of what NASA and MIT says.Yes it would be an auction with ebay involved like that Superman comic.Will be in touch with everyone here.Thanks Frank

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

If something of value $10,000,000 is being sold...

potential buyers will want to see it in person.....  and they will "fly in" to see it

and... if that person who views it ... actually wants it they will in person pay after the item has been view... and also  there may be some adjustment  in the price between seller and buy..

One can also arrange for a viewing day, where everyone interested in the item. will view the item at the same time....

This could become an auction online... with a reserve bid, where all bidders could be in the same room.....

Remember that comic that sold for $2,000,000.... and how the bidding occurred and the item was sold on eBay

Depending on what is to be sold, eBay may step in and assist the sale... advertise, arrange for a viewing  and perhaps assist in an auction like what was done with that comic.....

@cumos55 

OK.  Not sure why you addressed me on that as none of what you commented on was a result of something I had said.  You may have me confused with another poster.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

My response is always to the discussion  and not to a specific person in the discussion.

The question is .... Can I sell something valued at 10 million dollars on eBay?

My response if that it can be done  but must be done carefully.... and perhaps with the assistance of eBay  if the item is something very special ......  

The item must first be verified as real and not a fake....a critical verification......and then everything will take off with major advertisements  before the item is sold...

Message 41 of 41
latest reply