cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addition to TOS, will buyers understand it?

Lately I have been ending auctions and selling to the first bidder. (Yes, I understant I may miss out on bidding up, that has occured to me, thanks).

I am thinking of adding language to some auctions like this "I may end this auction to sell to the first bidder". Would people understand this? And maybe get motivated to go ahead and bid?

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: addition to TOS, will buyers understand it?

See my TOS would be the opposite - I dont end listings early and I dont hold items for people.  There it is - bid/buy or dont.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that.  Old Russian saying, Yasnuz Yaluz...

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

Old Russian saying, Yasnuz Yaluz...

Didn't he used to play first base for the Red Sox?

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

Just a thought, by angering users that were interested in bidding on one item you are also tuning them off of dealing w you at all.You may gain that sale and lose others.

And a cs agent may feal that the wording may be against  this policy if your listing are reported

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-description-policy?id=4372&st=3&pos=1&query...

" Not allowed

• Including comments that discourage buyers from buying on eBay, or that could make them lose trust in eBay sellers and eBay.com.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@rixstuff wrote:

Old Russian saying, Yasnuz Yaluz...

Didn't he used to play first base for the Red Sox?

Probably hockey...

Message 64 of 64
latest reply