cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebays New Return Policy - Can a 100% Anti-Seller Policy Really be Called a Return Policy? LOL

So I had my first brush with Ebays new "Return Policy"   Not even sure why we have a Condition Description anymore lol   as buyers are under no obligation to read it.   Just when you think Ebay cant get any more anit-seller they amaze you.  

So I sold the computer in the pictures that I have attached for you to decide youself.  Clearly the computer has a break in the corner as shown in this picture, as well as 2 other close-ups in the listing.  The top is also clearly scratched as a used computer usually is.  Both were also written in the condition description.  The buyer opened a return under 'Item Not as Described' and said there was a break in the corner and scratches on the top.  Realsmart guy this buyer.  Ebay rep told me that unless the buyer sends pictures that match mine and writes that they are actually enganging in buyers remorse, the return will be approved.  !! LOL !!

This isnt a return policy.  Its aiding ecommerce frawd.  Buyers are returning items at the expense of the seller under fradulant reasons and Ebay is actively encouraging and aiding it.  100% sure they woulndt have this kind of "Return Policy" if the items and lost shipping fees were theirs.  

Cant wait till Ebay is replaced or looses a big class action.  Either way, just like baseball and "anyone but the Yankees", Im rooting for "Anyone but Ebay"

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebays New Return Policy - Can a 100% Anti-Seller Policy Really be Called a Return Policy? LOL

That is not fraud...buyer didn't lie about anything from what you have said. There is a crack, you have confirmed it.
Without seeing the actual listing, the description, the item condition, etc there is no much else to be said about it...other than I see no crack anywhere in your photos....but I do see a scratch on the cover
But it is not fraud.

Also nothing that warrants a lawsuit against ebay that you have posted.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I do see the chunk broken off on the bottom corner now after going back to it and looking again.
It really didn't jump out when initially looking. One would expect close up pictures of any damage.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I noticed the crack. did you put close ups of it in the listing? I dont sell expensive items on ebay its just too risky these days.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry didn't you know? Ebay has changed their name to ReturnBay™.  The buyers can rent and use your item and return within 30 days for any reason. It is a buying scammers paridise. You were actually lucky to get your item back. And if you do most time parts ar missing. I bet the stole or switched somethig. It is a great way to repair broken items you have laying around the house. I know I will be using ReturnBay™ to rent a Big Screen TV for the Superbowl this year. Might as well take advantage of Ebay's new policy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, it has gotten to the point you can only sell items you can afford to lose. I onlky sell uder $50 items now. If you sell big ticket items and get scammed, it wipes out your entire profit for the month.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@soccerwanabe

Some buyers do not bother to look at photos, nor do they bother to read just like some responders on the community boards.

Just had a return. Buyer provide photos of a defect just the same as the photos that were in the listing, but the eBay policy of accept or perish takes over.

Also as another poster wrote, they may just be using you to source repair parts.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply