cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account restricted

My selling privelages have been restricted for seven days for the second time this month. The first time was because I used stock photos as y main photos for the items I was selling so I got a trademark violation. Okay, I can understand that one, and I revised all my listings with my own photos and use only pictures I take for everything now. But now again I'm restricted for trademark violation and when I called they said it was because there isn't enough description of the item, but I have the brand and name and weight and size and type in every item. They said I need to explain where the item came from in my descriptions but I see nobody else having to do this! Is this because I'm a relatively new seller and it's just standard stuff or is there a certain buyer that keeps reporting me or something? My items are authentic so how can I get ebay to lift these restrictions and avoid this happening again???

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: account restricted

You're a relatively new seller selling designer items and nothing but designer items. I suspect eBay is acting out of an abundance of caution and keeping an eye on you in case there's a rash of buyer complaints about knock-off goods, etc.

I've seen other posts from new sellers who have been restricted by eBay pending a review of their activity, which seems to mean any of a range of things. Amazon Marketplace has been doing something similar for years now, both to see how new sellers perform before truly cutting them loose in the marketplace and to see whether or not they're selling contraband goods.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Youre selling brand name perfumes for far less than retail....yeah your selling days are numbered

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

They said I need to explain where the item came from in my descriptions but I see nobody else having to do this! Is this because I'm a relatively new seller and it's just standard stuff or is there a certain buyer that keeps reporting me or something? My items are authentic so how can I get ebay to lift these restrictions and avoid this happening again???

Did they say you needed to include proof of authenticity in your listings?  Or just that  you need to prove authenticity?

Have you called eBay?  You may need to give them proof of authenticity.  Or if it was a VeRO (eBay's Verified Rights Owner program) takedown you may need to appeal to the rights owner directly.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@greymable-4 wrote:

The first time was because I used stock photos as y main photos for the items I was selling so I got a trademark violation.

If that was a reason, there would be a WHOOOOOOLE lot less sellers here.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Are those knock-offs?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Why dont you have any of the original boxes?
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I was just going to post the same thing.

How does someone have all these high brand perfumes from different manufacturers, but none have the original boxes.

Fell off a truck, or fakes.

Ebay is smart to be concerned,

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@greymable-4 wrote:

The first time was because I used stock photos as y main photos for the items I was selling so I got a trademark violation.

If they were using a manufacturer's or retailer's pics without permission, it is a reason.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

@chrysylys wrote:

@greymable-4 wrote:

If they were using a manufacturer's or retailer's pics without permission, it is a reason.

Do you really think EVERY seller whos uses stock pictures gets the owner's permission?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@greymable-4 wrote:

My selling privelages have been restricted for seven days for the second time this month. The first time was because I used stock photos as y main photos for the items I was selling so I got a trademark violation. Okay, I can understand that one, and I revised all my listings with my own photos and use only pictures I take for everything now. But now again I'm restricted for trademark violation and when I called they said it was because there isn't enough description of the item, but I have the brand and name and weight and size and type in every item. They said I need to explain where the item came from in my descriptions but I see nobody else having to do this! Is this because I'm a relatively new seller and it's just standard stuff or is there a certain buyer that keeps reporting me or something? My items are authentic so how can I get ebay to lift these restrictions and avoid this happening again???

I won't go through all your listings, but you don't have your facts right. You have a Givenchy listed as la fleur fatale. The bottle pictured is Dahlia Noir. Fleur Fatale is by Kim Kardashian. And it's still up. you need to know what you are selling a bit better.

=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Do you really think EVERY seller whos uses stock pictures gets the owner's permission?

Of course not.

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't mean it is legal or acceptable.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

No they are all authentic. I check the batch numbers before I list them.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

The boxes always seem to have a little bit of damage of some sort or another so I found it just easier to not have to deal with them at all. Too much headache 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Where are you buying them that all the packaging is damaged?

Does not sound like that place is reputable.

Sounds like a storage problem, so I wonder if that might have affected the perfume itself.

So that is why the brands do not want people to confuse your prouduct with theirs as the quality is obviously not the same.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

You're a relatively new seller selling designer items and nothing but designer items. I suspect eBay is acting out of an abundance of caution and keeping an eye on you in case there's a rash of buyer complaints about knock-off goods, etc.

I've seen other posts from new sellers who have been restricted by eBay pending a review of their activity, which seems to mean any of a range of things. Amazon Marketplace has been doing something similar for years now, both to see how new sellers perform before truly cutting them loose in the marketplace and to see whether or not they're selling contraband goods.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply